Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
261 - 280 of 387 Posts
View attachment 121575

This little tableau presented itself and it immediately reminded me of this thread.

Lamborghini, Infiniti, UPS, and Porsche drivers can be a bunch of assholes.
Hey wait a minute! Many modern Lambo drivers are complex beasts. Understand there is a lot going on there. Anabolic steroids (and when is too much), the "dancer" (and how do you explain that to "mama"), and finally, the biggest problem of all, deciding whether you want to contribute to the car show charity with actual money like everyone else, or are you and your car just showing up the gift to the disabled children in lieu of the $150 registration fee? There is a lot there to iron out. Not to be confused with the Countach and pre-Countach owner, who have been to the factory during their steroid-less bike ride in Italy, have cooking-expert wives who insist on paying mama's rent, and tend to be organizers of the car show events! I jest of course, SouthWaterXRS...or as Bruce Willis said in DieHard (the one that really happened at Nakatomi) "or do I?"

There is a new type of asshole and car combo, and that is the driver of an old manual shitbox that stops to talk you up at a petrol station or car event just to tell you how they only drive manuals and that the 4C isn't an option because of this.

So, ironically, my current vote after two years of this thread is the assholes mentioned above, who aren't even driving. But the beauty is you can stand right there and tell them to fuck off right to their face, and they will leave.

Much more rewarding than encountering an asshole in the wild who is feeling cocky in their assholemobile.

There is a new type of asshole and car combo, and that is the driver of an old manual shitbox that stops to talk you up at a petrol station or car event just to tell you how they only drive manuals and that the 4C isn't an option because of this.

So, ironically, my current vote after two years of this thread is the assholes mentioned above, who aren't even driving. But the beauty is you can stand right there and tell them to fuck off right to their face, and they will leave.

Much more rewarding than encountering an asshole in the wild who is feeling cocky in their assholemobile.
When I encounter one of the "manual clutch and trans are the only thing" type I make a point of going to their car, bend over and look carefully at the front low area of their car. After a few moments I aske them where the hand crank goes in to start the car ;-)

It never occurred to me that maybe two of the many sports car drivers that stop to chat might have attempted to imply, with what passes as English these days - or communication at all, that they have more sportscar than me because "clutch pedal". What a sadly funny attitude...

It's fine testosterone is something all real men must learn to self regulate, you know, just have class and civility, but it's sad to see so few have burdened themselves with so little attention to learning such basics. The reality is there is such little tactical advantage to smirking over to strangers with obvious money, and all the action movies, gym memberships, whey protein, shooter video games in the world won't help had we not agreed to just be civil and be REAL patriots - coexist in peace - can't make up the lack of survival that can happen in a split second. So much ego, halloween-prosumer-buying "weapons", and delusion... so little smarts, training, and loving every second not having to degrade into the feral so many others don't have the luxury of choosing. Please, enjoy your toys and let everyone else do their thing. Easy.

If any of you have served, for any country that has seen war recently, you'd remember how suck it was to just clear a SINGLE/the next civilian household from potential threats - they are just a family trying to survive... Let alone the more hardcore, everything has gone to hell being downrange on the main phalanx of the enemy, cut off from retreat. Meanwhile, there's a moron out here hard stepping out of a luxobarge with water weight and crossfit-for-brains because something pointless shattered their crystal ego, confident because they can MOT a 3 foot circle when sober and carry a "gatt" that shines more than shoots. There are children that can serve whole lots of these morons on platters with just a pocket knife... But hey, at least they somehow figure making a fool of themselves trying to "compare" a toy by any other name to another toy will feel good. Pathetic.

When I encounter one of the "manual clutch and trans are the only thing" type I make a point of going to their car, bend over and look carefully at the front low area of their car. After a few moments I aske them where the hand crank goes in to start the car ;-)
It was the same as when electric starters were introduced on motorcycles. If you bought a bike with an electric start it meant that you couldn’t use a kick-start so you were less of a man.

Discussion starter · #269 ·
It never occurred to me that maybe two of the many sports car drivers that stop to chat might have attempted to imply, with what passes as English these days - or communication at all, that they have more sportscar than me because "clutch pedal". What a sadly funny attitude...

It's fine testosterone is something all real men must learn to self regulate, you know, just have class and civility, but it's sad to see so few have burdened themselves with so little attention to learning such basics. The reality is there is such little tactical advantage to smirking over to strangers with obvious money, and all the action movies, gym memberships, whey protein, shooter video games in the world won't help had we not agreed to just be civil and be REAL patriots - coexist in peace - can't make up the lack of survival that can happen in a split second. So much ego, halloween-prosumer-buying "weapons", and delusion... so little smarts, training, and loving every second not having to degrade into the feral so many others don't have the luxury of choosing. Please, enjoy your toys and let everyone else do their thing. Easy.

If any of you have served, for any country that has seen war recently, you'd remember how suck it was to just clear a SINGLE/the next civilian household from potential threats - they are just a family trying to survive... Let alone the more hardcore, everything has gone to hell being downrange on the main phalanx of the enemy, cut off from retreat. Meanwhile, there's a moron out here hard stepping out of a luxobarge with water weight and crossfit-for-brains because something pointless shattered their crystal ego, confident because they can MOT a 3 foot circle when sober and carry a "gatt" that shines more than shoots. There are children that can serve whole lots of these morons on platters with just a pocket knife... But hey, at least they somehow figure making a fool of themselves trying to "compare" a toy by any other name to another toy will feel good. Pathetic.
Absolutely spectacular

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What annoys me is Alfa people who shunned the new cars because they didn’t come with manual options. I hold more contempt for these people than the average shitbox manual driver. I love the old cars but these people are luddites. “I would have bought a 4C if it had a manual” kind of comment. Uh you probably wouldn’t.

It would be interesting to reverse this thread. What type of car attracts the best, polite, courteous drivers? I know the obvious answer is 4C owners, but any other cars?

It would be interesting to reverse this thread. What type of car attracts the best, polite, courteous drivers? I know the obvious answer is 4C owners, but any other cars?
Old, but clean, German car drivers. Mercedes, BMW, or Porsche. The older drivers that keep their cars clean understand the joy of driving what you like. It may not be what they like, but they respect you. Usually over 60 years old. I believe it reminds them of yesteryear a bit and they appreciate someone enjoying cars as they did.

I couldn't agree more. Those people that look down on cars that don't have manuals is ridiculous. I also love the comment why didn't you get a manual and you try to educate you by saying it doesn't come with one just a dct and every time they tell me "that's not true a buddy of mine has this exact same car in a manual" my response "wow maybe he converted it to a manual that's insane he is probably the only one" so far from just conversations like that they are about 100 manual 4cs and like 2k gtrs that have a manual gear box.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4Canada
I couldn't agree more. Those people that look down on cars that don't have manuals is ridiculous. I also love the comment why didn't you get a manual and you try to educate you by saying it doesn't come with one just a dct and every time they tell me "that's not true a buddy of mine has this exact same car in a manual" my response "wow maybe he converted it to a manual that's insane he is probably the only one" so far from just conversations like that they are about 100 manual 4cs and like 2k gtrs that have a manual gear box.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
How would saying, “Photos or else you’re full of sh*t”, go down with those types? Or the nice version, “I think you might be mistaking it for a Lotus”.

Two of my other cars have manual gearboxes, clutches and plate LSDs. Neither are in the same league as the 4C. I will let my daughters learn to drive them long before they are are set loose in the 4C. Less car? No clue.

My previously owned R8 V10 had a manual with the gated shifter. Not going to lie. I miss it. Miss the visceral mechanical audible movement of the shifter through the gates. Works for a 525hp NA V10. Funny. Having a manual in the 4C would be ..... weird.

Reactions: DanB and RKBerta
My previously owned R8 V10 had a manual with the gated shifter. Not going to lie. I miss it. Miss the visceral mechanical audible movement of the shifter through the gates. Works for a 525hp NA V10. Funny. Having a manual in the 4C would be ..... weird.
I’d miss the howl of one of the best sounding na engines of all time… but that’s me.. What a shame you couldn’t have kept both.

There it is...., I am finally justified in my quest. I have primarily owned some sort of BMW M car for the past 20 years and always felt sort of pre-judged, unnecessarily lashed-out against by other drivers (without realizing the attitudes some may have towards what I'm driving). I guess I'll be turning a whole new chapter over the next week when the last one finally drives away. Good to know I'm hoping to join a group of happy-go-lucky fun loving thrill seekers ❗

261 - 280 of 387 Posts