Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
An old ML350 I used to have had a broken off rear window washer nozzle. When I would go to use it it would just shoot straight out the back. That was the absolute best thing I ever had an any car!! Any tailgaters would just immediately get sprayed and back off :p
Next best thing to a James Bond oil slick release feature

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
An old ML350 I used to have had a broken off rear window washer nozzle. When I would go to use it it would just shoot straight out the back. That was the absolute best thing I ever had an any car!! Any tailgaters would just immediately get sprayed and back off :p
That reminds me in the war we had the rear gunner to take care of the German following up from behind.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Im glad this thread is still going . Still 100% BMW and infinity

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dont think they are trying but I think the AR tv ads I have seen might attract a more aggressive perhaps egotistical driver with all that King of Speed and just who we are stuff. Id like to see more vintage Alfas in ads than cars spinning out with reckless abandon.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,056 Posts
I dont think they are trying but I think the AR tv ads I have seen might attract a more aggressive perhaps egotistical driver with all that King of Speed and just who we are stuff. Id like to see more vintage Alfas in ads than cars spinning out with reckless abandon.
You bring up a very interesting point! When I see ads from some car companies showing them smoking tires and drifting I am sure they attract people that tend to be on the immature side. I also think that here in the US unless you are older like me, people aren't familiar with the history of ALFA back "in the day". That 20 years or so when ALFA pulled out of the US market left generations that now probably think ALFA is a newbie. Using old racing footage or historic ALFAs in ads for the newer cars would get people to learn of the long history of ALFA. That would also appeal and perhaps attract fan boys of other makes. I would think mention of Enzo racing for ALFA before he started Ferrari would also get attention....although Ferrari might have an issue with that :unsure:
ALFA does have pretty cool ads but there needs to be more capitalizing on the history.

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts
On yesterdays’ drive we had a fair mix. Too many to associate with one make. More a trend relating to vehicle type. Out the back of Kiama we were motoring along at a fair clip when a grey 4WD approached on the right from a side road. We were about 100m from him when, instead of letting us pass, he dashed out in front of us. I didn't take it personally. He probably does that to everyone.

It was nice to see another Camry take a fall for us again too.

Then there were the perennial failures to indicate and hogging the right lane epidemics that continue unabated down here.
Not to mention the dawdlers. No one uses the slow vehicle turnouts when they clearly have a line traffic behind them. Would using them be an affront to their masculinity? Or is it just me? I think I needed a more open road drive to blow away the blues.

·
Registered
88 Posts
For me it has to be the Lambo guys. Usually wears the affliction shirt if you know what I mean followed by the BMW F**K boys who swear the M3 is the greatest car ever built and nothing is faster. I love coming up to these guys on the highway and wave while i go by.

I have found the Porsche Guys to be more like a cult. They seem to have the most respect and knowledge of their cars and know all the technical specs. There is a sub cult of those guys which boils down to manual and PDK transmissions.

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
43 Posts
For me it has to be the Lambo guys. Usually wears the affliction shirt if you know what I mean followed by the BMW F**K boys who swear the M3 is the greatest car ever built and nothing is faster. I love coming up to these guys on the highway and wave while i go by.

I have found the Porsche Guys to be more like a cult. They seem to have the most respect and knowledge of their cars and know all the technical specs. There is a sub cult of those guys which boils down to manual and PDK transmissions.
I’ve spent a little bit of time in PCA circles and I agree, but I have to chuckle at the 911 guys—they want to pretend that Porsche never made anything else... and they believe that it is superior to anything else... until the end of the day at an autocross event when they proclaim that you were only five seconds quicker because you were in a Cayman, and you had an advantage. ??? 🤔

·
Registered
2015 Coupe
13 Posts
Great thread!
Here in Utah, near SLC, I am on the road quite a bit. Usually in my work vehicle, a 2016 GMC 3/4 ton Denali with a Duramax, the antithesis of the 4C. The drivers I have the the most frequent issues with are first, the Subaru driving granola munching nonconformist who is always doing 10mph under the speed limit holding up traffic on freeways and the epic canyon roads. Second are, as some of us refer to them, the LDT drivers. I mentioned my work vehicle for this segment of drivers. These are the heavy duty diesel pickups with 6”+ lifts, huge tires with big offset wheels making the tires stick out well past the wheel wells. These trucks are easily tuned to make massive amounts of torque, hp, and smoke. Because they are relatively fast, they are driven hard, weaving in and out of traffic, “rolling coal” and kicking up anything on the tarmac. In case you were wondering, LDT stands for Little [email protected]$ Truck. 😁

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,056 Posts
I have come to the conclusion it isn't so much the car...but the young kids or more accurately immature people driving them. Seems they are driving either dad's car or their clapped out econobox car and think they should show off as they race around you on a city street.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Great thread!
Here in Utah, near SLC, I am on the road quite a bit. Usually in my work vehicle, a 2016 GMC 3/4 ton Denali with a Duramax, the antithesis of the 4C. The drivers I have the the most frequent issues with are first, the Subaru driving granola munching nonconformist who is always doing 10mph under the speed limit holding up traffic on freeways and the epic canyon roads. Second are, as some of us refer to them, the LDT drivers. I mentioned my work vehicle for this segment of drivers. These are the heavy duty diesel pickups with 6”+ lifts, huge tires with big offset wheels making the tires stick out well past the wheel wells. These trucks are easily tuned to make massive amounts of torque, hp, and smoke. Because they are relatively fast, they are driven hard, weaving in and out of traffic, “rolling coal” and kicking up anything on the tarmac. In case you were wondering, LDT stands for Little [email protected]$ Truck. 😁

the trucks and coal rolling is what turned me away from SLC area. I was shocked to see how this region has some of the worse air quality in the country :\ ... We are looking to move to the Southern utah area ( from NJ ) as SLC got ruled out by the car pollution.

I like a nice lifted truck, but anyone rolling coal has a serious LDT problem :|

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
the trucks and coal rolling is what turned me away from SLC area. I was shocked to see how this region has some of the worse air quality in the country :\ ... We are looking to move to the Southern utah area ( from NJ ) as SLC got ruled out by the car pollution.

I like a nice lifted truck, but anyone rolling coal has a serious LDT problem :|
Like this moron
DA2E0744-CE72-4666-9353-22D95895AE2D.jpeg

121 - 140 of 155 Posts