Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I’ve spent a little bit of time in PCA circles and I agree, but I have to chuckle at the 911 guys—they want to pretend that Porsche never made anything else... and they believe that it is superior to anything else... until the end of the day at an autocross event when they proclaim that you were only five seconds quicker because you were in a Cayman, and you had an advantage. ??? 🤔
What? Porsche makes sportscars other than the 911. #SeeMySignature lol. I have to admit .... during my 911 days .... I could never see myself in a boxster/cayman. ;)

·
Registered
746 Posts
What? Porsche makes sportscars other than the 911. #SeeMySignature lol. I have to admit .... during my 911 days .... I could never see myself in a boxster/cayman. ;)
Funny enough, the 996 was the 'newest' Porsche I bought, liked (not loved) and was a wonderful car. Today, I would pick a Spyder/GT4 over any of the newer (imho size bloated) 911s.

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
41 Posts
Yah, you’ve owned some cool P-cars. I just think it’s funny that Porsche would never just rip the bandaid off and move the engine in front of the rear axle where God intended it to be😉 Most of their iconic racecars were mid-engine: hell, the 911 RSR is mid-engine. It’s not like you can actually fit a person in those vestigial back seats anyway😂 Porsches have become too filtered and insulated for me anyway—unless a 718 Cayman GT4 were to come into my life🤔

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yah, you’ve owned some cool P-cars. I just think it’s funny that Porsche would never just rip the bandaid off and move the engine in front of the rear axle where God intended it to be😉 Most of their iconic racecars were mid-engine: hell, the 911 RSR is mid-engine. It’s not like you can actually fit a person in those vestigial back seats anyway😂 Porsches have become too filtered and insulated for me anyway—unless a 718 Cayman GT4 were to come into my life🤔
Let us not forget the 911 GT1 (rear mid-engine) which shares a windshield with the 1989 speedster :p

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I'm amazed how many car enthusiasts don't know how to spell the Nissan luxury brand of "Infiniti". Then again, a lot of car enthusiasts pronounce Porsche wrong too (there are two syllables).

Aside from that, BMW easily.
Is this the same as people pronouncing Nike as Nikey? Hi, My name is Mike, I know what I like when I ride my bike - or in Americanspeak - My name is Mikey, I know what I likey when I ride my bikey.😜

It's very simple really. Everyone who drives faster than me is an asshole - and everyone who drives slower than me is an idiot, irrespective of what vehicle they drive.

·
Super Moderator
14,690 Posts
Is this the same as people pronouncing Nike as Nikey? Hi, My name is Mike, I know what I like when I ride my bike - or in Americanspeak - My name is Mikey, I know what I likey when I ride my bikey.😜

It's very simple really. Everyone who drives faster than me is an asshole - and everyone who drives slower than me is an idiot, irrespective of what vehicle they drive.
's'allright, American (and Canadian) speak for Porsche is "Porsch" Unless for some reason, it's a girl with that name, in which case they pronounce the E properly even though it is spelled the same.

Agree on the driver classification... but some cars do bring out the worst in people.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I want to take this opportunity to re-emphasize my selection of the BMW driver as being numero uno for this award, although the gap is closing thanks to the driving d-baggery of the A4 Audi owner. What absolutely puzzles me is why, because they are great, great cars.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
In my area it is still the Infiniti drivers ( i made sure i corrected the auto correct feature in my phone so the grammar Douche in the room didnt have to comment ) BMW is beyond a close second .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
My most recent observations result in a new position: Subaru

Do you drive a utilitarian wagon or SUV? You're pretentious and you're a fake earth lover who is cranky because veganism makes people annoying and bitter.

Do you drive a WRX? Then you have warped your brain on vaping, enjoy blown headgaskets and think life is just a Fast and Furious movie, except you're on Tik Tok too much and your need to prove something with your vroomy Subie is top notch A-Hole-ism. GO AWAY. From the roads, from Cars And Coffee, from everywhere. Just. Go. Away.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #152

Do you drive a utilitarian wagon or SUV? You're pretentious and you're a fake earth lover who is cranky because veganism makes people annoying and bitter.

Do you drive a WRX? Then you have warped your brain on vaping, enjoy blown headgaskets and think life is just a Fast and Furious movie, except you're on Tik Tok too much and your need to prove something with your vroomy Subie is top notch A-Hole-ism. GO AWAY. From the roads, from Cars And Coffee, from everywhere. Just. Go. Away.
Poetic Phil .....i feel moved

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,690 Posts

141 - 155 of 155 Posts