Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
141 - 160 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I’ve spent a little bit of time in PCA circles and I agree, but I have to chuckle at the 911 guys—they want to pretend that Porsche never made anything else... and they believe that it is superior to anything else... until the end of the day at an autocross event when they proclaim that you were only five seconds quicker because you were in a Cayman, and you had an advantage. ??? 🤔
What? Porsche makes sportscars other than the 911. #SeeMySignature lol. I have to admit .... during my 911 days .... I could never see myself in a boxster/cayman. ;)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
What? Porsche makes sportscars other than the 911. #SeeMySignature lol. I have to admit .... during my 911 days .... I could never see myself in a boxster/cayman. ;)
Funny enough, the 996 was the 'newest' Porsche I bought, liked (not loved) and was a wonderful car. Today, I would pick a Spyder/GT4 over any of the newer (imho size bloated) 911s.

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
162 Posts
Yah, you’ve owned some cool P-cars. I just think it’s funny that Porsche would never just rip the bandaid off and move the engine in front of the rear axle where God intended it to be😉 Most of their iconic racecars were mid-engine: hell, the 911 RSR is mid-engine. It’s not like you can actually fit a person in those vestigial back seats anyway😂 Porsches have become too filtered and insulated for me anyway—unless a 718 Cayman GT4 were to come into my life🤔

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yah, you’ve owned some cool P-cars. I just think it’s funny that Porsche would never just rip the bandaid off and move the engine in front of the rear axle where God intended it to be😉 Most of their iconic racecars were mid-engine: hell, the 911 RSR is mid-engine. It’s not like you can actually fit a person in those vestigial back seats anyway😂 Porsches have become too filtered and insulated for me anyway—unless a 718 Cayman GT4 were to come into my life🤔
Let us not forget the 911 GT1 (rear mid-engine) which shares a windshield with the 1989 speedster :p

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I'm amazed how many car enthusiasts don't know how to spell the Nissan luxury brand of "Infiniti". Then again, a lot of car enthusiasts pronounce Porsche wrong too (there are two syllables).

Aside from that, BMW easily.
Is this the same as people pronouncing Nike as Nikey? Hi, My name is Mike, I know what I like when I ride my bike - or in Americanspeak - My name is Mikey, I know what I likey when I ride my bikey.😜

It's very simple really. Everyone who drives faster than me is an asshole - and everyone who drives slower than me is an idiot, irrespective of what vehicle they drive.

·
Administrator
16,959 Posts
Is this the same as people pronouncing Nike as Nikey? Hi, My name is Mike, I know what I like when I ride my bike - or in Americanspeak - My name is Mikey, I know what I likey when I ride my bikey.😜

It's very simple really. Everyone who drives faster than me is an asshole - and everyone who drives slower than me is an idiot, irrespective of what vehicle they drive.
's'allright, American (and Canadian) speak for Porsche is "Porsch" Unless for some reason, it's a girl with that name, in which case they pronounce the E properly even though it is spelled the same.

Agree on the driver classification... but some cars do bring out the worst in people.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I want to take this opportunity to re-emphasize my selection of the BMW driver as being numero uno for this award, although the gap is closing thanks to the driving d-baggery of the A4 Audi owner. What absolutely puzzles me is why, because they are great, great cars.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
In my area it is still the Infiniti drivers ( i made sure i corrected the auto correct feature in my phone so the grammar Douche in the room didnt have to comment ) BMW is beyond a close second .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
My most recent observations result in a new position: Subaru

Do you drive a utilitarian wagon or SUV? You're pretentious and you're a fake earth lover who is cranky because veganism makes people annoying and bitter.

Do you drive a WRX? Then you have warped your brain on vaping, enjoy blown headgaskets and think life is just a Fast and Furious movie, except you're on Tik Tok too much and your need to prove something with your vroomy Subie is top notch A-Hole-ism. GO AWAY. From the roads, from Cars And Coffee, from everywhere. Just. Go. Away.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·

Do you drive a utilitarian wagon or SUV? You're pretentious and you're a fake earth lover who is cranky because veganism makes people annoying and bitter.

Do you drive a WRX? Then you have warped your brain on vaping, enjoy blown headgaskets and think life is just a Fast and Furious movie, except you're on Tik Tok too much and your need to prove something with your vroomy Subie is top notch A-Hole-ism. GO AWAY. From the roads, from Cars And Coffee, from everywhere. Just. Go. Away.
Poetic Phil .....i feel moved

·
Administrator
16,959 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I hate to bring this thread back, but I have to ask my crew here, is it me or are we getting "challenged" more and more lately? I am coming home from dinner with friends with my wife, and I was challenged by two Japanese makes, first a Honda and then an Acura, one after the other. Literally, the 'loud exhaust' Honda continued straight as I was entering a highway to take the very next exit, and sure enough a white, tinted window Acura takes over. My wife and I are in our mid 50's and these clowns actually think I am immature enough to engage them.

I spanked the Acura into next week. In 'normale' and "automatic" modes I may add. The acceleration blew my office parking card off the sunvisor and I had to locate it under my seat the next morning.

Are others seeing this? I am now getting it every time I drive the car. I wonder if its fewer cars on the road, more speeders, COVID related type of thing.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
I hate to bring this thread back, but I have to ask my crew here, is it me or are we getting "challenged" more and more lately? I am coming home from dinner with friends with my wife, and I was challenged by two Japanese makes, first a Honda and then an Acura, one after the other. Literally, the 'loud exhaust' Honda continued straight as I was entering a highway to take the very next exit, and sure enough a white, tinted window Acura takes over. My wife and I are in our mid 50's and these clowns actually think I am immature enough to engage them.

I spanked the Acura into next week. In 'normale' and "automatic" modes I may add. The acceleration blew my office parking card off the sunvisor and I had to locate it under my seat the next morning.

Are others seeing this? I am now getting it every time I drive the car. I wonder if its fewer cars on the road, more speeders, COVID related type of thing.
Wait so you didnt engage them , yet you spanked them , we are all immature enough to take them on lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here in the UK,it’s definitely BMW convertibles driven by your local drug dealer are the worst, closely followed by the fair sex in SUVs which are too big for them.
Unfortunately we have too many 90 year olds in Honda Jazz’s, having previously crawled around in Morris 1000s, Austin Metros and Nissan Micras. They boast about never having had an accident but have probably caused several as they meander along at 15mph or if they dare go on a motorway, stick rigidly in the middle lane waving their fist at anyone overtaking!

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,174 Posts

It isn't your imagination....people are challenging and showing off more. Part of the reason is they think the cops are going to look the other way with the stuff going on in all countries re: challenges to authority, protests, etc.....but cops won't hesitate a bit to nip that in the bud. Lately police have been posting that some are getting a bit crazy on the roads...and suffering or dying as a result. There have been reports of people racing on streets, than crashing into other cars or property at much higher numbers than normal....even though less people are on the road due to the Covid 19.
In many of these "exhibition of speed" or "street racing" tickets various states in the US can confiscate your car if driven at a very high rate of speed or endangering the public. And the ticket $$$ would rub salt in the wound too. In other words....be careful.
I would remind posters that it isn't a good idea to post that you were street racing on a Forum. Insurance companies could and have used that against people....and yes it could be admitted as evidence in a law suit if you were to be sued as a result of an accident.
The Moderator Staff also discourages these types of posts and they could get you banned from the Forum.
On the other hand you mentioned these challengers were immature....but you spanked them..... 😁

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
It isn't your imagination....people are challenging and showing off more. Part of the reason is they think the cops are going to look the other way with the stuff going on in all countries re: challenges to authority, protests, etc.....but cops won't hesitate a bit to nip that in the bud. Lately police have been posting that some are getting a bit crazy on the roads...and suffering or dying as a result. There have been reports of people racing on streets, than crashing into other cars or property at much higher numbers than normal....even though less people are on the road due to the Covid 19.
In many of these "exhibition of speed" or "street racing" tickets various states in the US can confiscate your car if driven at a very high rate of speed or endangering the public. And the ticket $$$ would rub salt in the wound too. In other words....be careful.
I would remind posters that it isn't a good idea to post that you were street racing on a Forum. Insurance companies could and have used that against people....and yes it could be admitted as evidence in a law suit if you were to be sued as a result of an accident.
The Moderator Staff also discourages these types of posts and they could get you banned from the Forum.
On the other hand you mentioned these challengers were immature....but you spanked them.....
"The Moderator Staff also discourages these types of posts and they could get you banned from the Forum."

The moderator staff also discourages humor between the members and will go out of its way to sensor you when ever possible . Again thats what this world has become a giant you hurt my feelings so called safe place , many members are sick of this nonsense and have stopped posting which is sad because we all have some flavor to add . I will be sharing less on this forum from now on as well . This was my orignial post and im glad you guys had some fun with it before the guy who didnt get picled for kickball in intermediate school decided to make it a safe zone for feelings .

141 - 160 of 247 Posts