Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,032 Posts
"The Moderator Staff also discourages these types of posts and they could get you banned from the Forum."

The moderator staff also discourages humor between the members and will go out of its way to sensor you when ever possible . Again thats what this world has become a giant you hurt my feelings so called safe place , many members are sick of this nonsense and have stopped posting which is sad because we all have some flavor to add . I will be sharing less on this forum from now on as well . This was my orignial post and im glad you guys had some fun with it before the guy who didnt get picled for kickball in intermediate school decided to make it a safe zone for feelings .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Only humour that’s aimed at demeaning others, Lars. Feel free to make as many jokes about yourself as you like. A one word, abusive name-call is hardly what I’d call a joke btw. Join a comedy club and see what response you get. Just keep it respectful.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Only humour that’s aimed at demeaning others, Lars. Feel free to make as many jokes about yourself as you like. A one word, abusive name-call is hardly what I’d call a joke btw. Join a comedy club and see what response you get. Just keep it respectful.
Ill pay for his counseling

·
Registered
680 Posts
settle down everyone, the World is making us all crazy right now

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wait so you didnt engage them , yet you spanked them , we are all immature enough to take them on lol

Yeah, I let the Acura get to me. With my wife. I feel like an idiot now, but at the time it felt pretty good!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't know who the moderator is directing any comments at, but if its me, I apologize to the forum. If anyone looks at my prior posts I hope I never hurt anyone's feelings, believe me it would bother me more than the person affected.

Sorry everyone.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
I don't know who the moderator is directing any comments at, but if its me, I apologize to the forum. If anyone looks at my prior posts I hope I never hurt anyone's feelings, believe me it would bother me more than the person affected.

Sorry everyone.
It was me , stop apologizing for gods sake

·
Registered
441 Posts
I assume all can still give lars a hard time with derogatory names, feel free do the same here. We need some rules, but without sarcasm and giving each other a hard time it will get a little bit like PC Principle is running the place.

·
Super Moderator
7,032 Posts
I assume all can still give lars a hard time with derogatory names, feel free do the same here. We need some rules, but without sarcasm and giving each other a hard time it will get a little bit like PC Principle is running the place.
You have heard the language that comes out of PC Principals’ mouth...We are talking South Park, aren’t we? It’s the double standard that makes it so funny.
Basically it’s just about respect. In my profession how many 10s of times do you think, during the investigation that always comes after a fight, did one pupil use the excuse “It was only a joke”? Same happens in the workplace. Not saying not to be funny....it helps when a joke is seen by both sides as funny. This wasn’t.

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
109 Posts
I like to joke and tease people—and I have no problem with some $#!+ gifting coming my way. I do realize though (especially at work) that I have to very careful and make sure that I know my audience and act accordingly. With an online forum it is hard for us to truly know our audience and even harder to read the intentions behind each other’s words. For those reasons it is considerate to err on the side of caution.

Being a forum moderator (referee) is often a thankless job. Sometimes they have to interpret things and make a call—they’re just trying to keep the peace and avoid inevitable fights (kind of like me with my uncle and my grandfather every Thanksgiving). At the end of the day, this is their game and their rules. In the time I have been here I have never witnessed this crew bullying people like I have observed in other forums. We’ve got a pretty good thing going here! When that fails, I’m just going to chime in with what they used to use at Spyderchat, “GO DRIVE YOUR DAMN CARS!!!” 🙂

·
Super Moderator
7,032 Posts
Back to Ahole drivers....Not really ahole but inconsiderate or incompetent. Pulling into a potential car space this morning outside my school, a driver had her indicator on to leave. I was going to take her spot so pulled in behind her but I was in front of a driveway so had to wait for her to pull out. The road was busy, but not busy enough that there weren’t gaps in the traffic to pull into. Traffic was travelling slowly. But no, she wanted to do an effing U-turn. Didn’t have the flexibility of mind to join the traffic flow then do a turn into the next side road. Got jammed in by a car from behind so couldn’t move. Ten effing minutes waiting for her spot before she moved.... Bloody Camry driver. The Camrys’ revenge.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
It wasn't derogatory...... i changed his name from original forza to original foreskin ....i simple joke , just a little fun , nothing against the guy . I just think we need to lighten up a bit and not let the obession with political correctness destroy whats left . Have you all noticed there are no comedians left . Its sad .

·
Super Moderator
7,032 Posts
Lars, Still on about it? By his reaction he didn’t think it particularly funny. Neither did I. I don’t want this being the start of ‘funny’ name calling on a generally peaceful forum. Nothing about PC. Plenty of people here who know each other well have used expletives. This is not a PC situation. It’s about respecting each other on the forum. We are adults, not adolescents. Low grade name-changing is unnecessary and I don’t want to start an open season on it. Allow it once and others may see it as a licence.
I notice Originalforza has kept his distance from this little thread digression, apart from his first response which was to question your sobriety. If he didn’t feel it funny, admit your misjudgement and move on. By the sounds of it you’re using it to push an agenda. I also view it as a backhanded way of calling him another more vulgar name. If you think it acceptable, change your forum name. Forum names like 4C-ophe, Alfa4cnut, Sir5n are clever. Change your forum name to something similarly clever if you must. Can’t wait to see it. BTW, I know what you did.

·
Super Moderator
14,886 Posts
"The Moderator Staff also discourages these types of posts and they could get you banned from the Forum."

The moderator staff also discourages humor between the members and will go out of its way to sensor you when ever possible . Again thats what this world has become a giant you hurt my feelings so called safe place , many members are sick of this nonsense and have stopped posting which is sad because we all have some flavor to add . I will be sharing less on this forum from now on as well . This was my orignial post and im glad you guys had some fun with it before the guy who didnt get picled for kickball in intermediate school decided to make it a safe zone for feelings .

Want to find out what picking on forum moderators will get you? Keep that up.

This isn’t your personal playground to do as you like. Play nicely in the sandbox, and you’ll have lots of friends here. Pick on them, or cyberbully, and you can go play with yourself!

And not promoting illegal, dangerous activity is an Autoguide policy.

·
Super Moderator
7,032 Posts
Want to find out what picking on forum moderators will get you? Keep that up.

This isn’t your personal playground to do as you like. Play nicely in the sandbox, and you’ll have lots of friends here. Pick on them, or cyberbully, and you can go play with yourself!

And not promoting illegal, dangerous activity is an Autoguide policy.
Thanks 4Canada. I was trying to be reasonable and patient explaining my call. I even gave both parties a brief note privately out of respect for BOTH parties. Maybe next time I’ll be more blunt about it.
I do remember what certain kids were like when they got a call they disagreed with when playing park softball/cricket.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I don't see a big issue here. We are adults so please grow a little thick skin. In this current world we can not even joke anymore for fear of someone getting hurt. Lars is a well respected member of this forum, that's always providing good information and advice. Let's move on.......

·
Super Moderator
7,032 Posts
I don't see a big issue here. We are adults so please grow a little thick skin. In this current world we can not even joke anymore for fear of someone getting hurt. Lars is a well respected member of this forum, that's always providing good information and advice. Let's move on.......
Yep, but someone disagreed publicly with the decision and wouldn’t let it go but I certainly won’t let go of the need to be respectful. Yes, there are more important things but that doesn’t mean we don’t deal with what some feel are the little things also.

·
Super Moderator
14,886 Posts
Simple:
It’s only funny if both parties laugh.
Otherwise, it’s bullying.

If you accidentally hit a nerve, and get called out on it, the civilized thing to do is apologize and edit, then we can all move on. Instead, the moderator had to edit and apologize, and we’re still living this 3 days later.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Good morning, I think....
ok, I leave this forum for a few hours to sleep and come back to Quibbling Central lol.
DEAP BREATH....
my morning rant...

Police Officer Expectation & Duties (found on several sites but essentially similar criterion):
  • INTEGRITY : We are guided by the principles of justice. We employ the highest ethical standard, we demand accountability, consistency, fairness and honesty in the performance of our duties.
  • DUTIES Include: Ability to exercise judgment in determining when to use force and to what degree.
Moderator/s
  • DUTIES: involve providing discussion topics, encouraging participants to share, removing unrelated or inappropriate content, answering questions, defining group boundaries and rules, and updating the platform. You also have the authority to decide what information is approved or removed.
SOCIETY
  • the aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community
  • an organization or club formed for a particular purpose or activity
REALITY
  • THIS world is FK'd right now more than ever IMHO
  • TRIBALIZATION > INDIVIDUALITY ....this is WRONG!
  • Not keeping score at kids soccer games is WRONG!
  • Blaming LEFT or RIGHT when the FKG CITY is BURNING DOWN is WRONG!
  • I have also been known to be WRONG!
  • I typically do not go into name calling, but occasionally I do....this is not a criminal offence (no matter what the fkg 'current' laws think they are describing or trying to protect).
  • OVER prescription can lead to STERILIZATION
  • JOKES do occasionally come at the expense of OTHERS (Seriously, One of my favourite comes from a very prominent Jewish Orthodox land developer friend who said about his partners: "what do you get when you have 10 Jewish businessmen around a boardroom table....11 DECISIONS!" hahaaaaa
  • OTHERS then are more than welcome to rebut in KIND :)
  • I like Comedy Clubs (but fear they will disappear faster than the 4C supply in the next few years)!
CONCLUSIONS
  • there is enough stress to go around for 1000x lifetimes
  • this is a place of Escape for me
  • this is a place of Release for me
  • a good fight is always entertaining (watch in 100 years someone will read what I wrote and dig me up to stand TRIAL on some BS inflammatory charge! hahaaaaa)
  • Oh.....Dammit have your KIDS/GRANDCHILDREN protect my STATUTE!! lol
  • @lars et.al. keep it coming (within reason lol) and TAKE IT as good as you can GIVE IT! (I can say, from personal experience that even with some disagreements on our interior fabrication, he came THROUGH and I RESPECT him as a Man (yeah yeah HUMAN Being -but that is debatable because of his Size! :LOL:) and would have his back in any gunfight....oh wait, I'm in Canada, we don't have guns here:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:...
  • @Moderators I appreciate your Balancing Act but maybe we can let the kids play a bit (Overall Good Job Gents!)
  • WE the people can choose our Society
  • WE have chosen to escape our daily REALITY to be here on the 4C Forums Society
  • I believe here, we ALL have INTEGRITY and are all accountable, relatively consistent, fair and honest....even if others may disagree from time to time
  • Note to self: good thing Pontiac folded before 2020.....
  • If we were all at a bar/restaurant, we would all be sitting at different tables ....
  • BUT we would all have been brought together to that venue because of our LOVE and PASSION for our COMMON LOVE: 4C
  • Oh, to keep with the OP.....Like political parties, ethnic groups, drivers of automotive brands, etc. there are Aholes in EVERY GROUP...some more than others, pencil me in for Mustang 5.0 (in the 1980s) / Ric_ Rockets...sorry Japanese Imports (in the 1990s), BMWs (in the 2000s) Porsche (2010s -definitely NOT the same driver demographics of the 1980's) and NEUTERED MALE MINIVAN Drivers since Lee Iacocca (RIP) introduced them on the K-car platform.
PEACE🙏

161 - 180 of 190 Posts