Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love driving fast and sporty on the roads, but I also have a love for offloading and wheeling in my jeep. Polar opposites but each side has it's own unique attributes.

In fact, I just love anything with 4 wheels.

·
Super Moderator
5,924 Posts
My Sud and 147 all have qualities I enjoy. The Sud is surprisingly closer in ethos to the 4C than you might think, lighter too, though several times slower. For performance motoring, even my slow old Guzzis (by motorcycle standards) are faster than most performance cars and much more engaging.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Generally, anything light and tossable.

I have a hoot in my Audi A3, simply because it's great architecture (MQB platform) and I bought light rims and sticky tires.

Had a hoot in a Celica GTS that I wish I still had. Something about 8000 rpm redlines that feels right.

One exception: I can't stand Miatas. Sister had one, and I drove it enough to know it wasn't for me.

I enjoy the Ariel Atom in my dreams.

I had a Mustang GT when they were 5.0's, light and easy to mod. That's a different kind of fun.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well My other Passion is Motorcycles. My Speed Fix is a Slightly Modded 2010 VMAX. Just over 200HP on a Dyno. And all of 685 lbs. Traction is an issue!

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,746 Posts
My family has had some interesting cars over the years. Currently besides my 4C LE, I drive a full size 2016 Ford 150 van daily beater and a 2018 GMC Acadia Denali SUV.

Past cars included 57 Chevy station wagon, 64 Ford Fairlane, 62 Pontiac Lemans with Super Duty setup (wish still had that it is worth a lot), 69 Camaro SS396, Dodge full size van, 69-70 ALFA spider that I owned for over 40 years with lots of mods engine and suspension (sold to make garage space for 4C, Also had a 124 TC Fiat four door sedan and VW Rabbit GTI. None cars included Yamaha TZ-350 factory F1 two stroke road racer bike raced by US team (possibly by Kenny Roberts)....had that one detuned a bit and setup to ride on the street. Also into bicycles because I was a CAT 2 road racer for years....still have Tomassini all campy, Nerossi Viner all Campy, and Mikkelson custom road race tandem. Also various mountain bikes although never raced those.
I also was co-owner of a 67 ALFA GTV B sedan SCCA road racer for a couple of years.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The prices have gotten so good I really wanted to get one too.
Just drive one ! It's a bit like the 4C, in that you will instantly love it or hate it. The great thing is that you can really hone around in it without hitting silly speed. I'd call it quick not Fast. Doe's frighten passengers though !

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Want to add that I would probably enjoy a gnarly tuned Abarth 500.

My other four-wheeled cars are nitro powered R/C vehicles: 1 Kyosho car and 1 truck. Both modded. I have been building R/C stuff since I was 17 (now 51). I also have Carrera 1/24 and 1/18 slot cars.

It's a disease.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 4 season daily driver is a C63 AMG with P31 package. - Keeping gas stations and tire shops in business.

The summer fleet of daily drivers.
The 4C
1969 MGB Roadster
1953 Porsche 356 1500S

·
Registered
39 Posts
Daily driver has been a Jeep Grand Cherokee since I bought my first one in 1997 (97, 02, 06, 11, and a 14)
I will say that the 2014 Summit I just sold was the nicest one yet, 5.7 hemi with the ZF 8 speed - plenty of power.

Decided to finally mix it up and went to a Volvo XC60 T6 Polestar.
The 2.0l is an incredible motor - 330hp both turbo and supercharged.
Instant power whenever you want it.

Did a factory delivery in Sweden, they do treat you right.
Wish Alfa would offer that.......
Wife has been looking at the Gulia to replace her Lexus GS350 (her play car is a 2002 Corvette)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I used to compete in Rock Crawling competitions in my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.
I've given that up.

My second passion is a

2006 Buell XB12RS
105HP
100TQ
395lbs

Inside I like to drive these 2 classics
Ferrari Dino
Chevy Cheetah

Small Track for Classic cars

Larger Track for Mega-G cars

1 - 20 of 45 Posts