Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had installed the Alfaworks FAST ROAD suspension blocks, wheel spacers, and new tires near end of June 2022 and had an wheel alignment done. My goal was to minimize tramlining and without much research I simply trying to mimic the "Street Spec" alignment spec by GMS. As I'm not a wheel alignment expert when I got to the alignment shop and went over the suggested specs with the technician, then I realized it's in different unit than most US alignment shop use. The suggested spec are in "degree and minute" instead of just "degree" and I had to convert the specs for the technician. The alignment shop try their best to match the suggested specs.

On the way home from the alignment shop while driving on the highway through a highway speed curve, I felt the car is not as planted as before, but I think the combination of suspension blocks, wheel spacers and new tires did reduce the tramlining. Can someone please review my alignment report and see if I need further adjustment on the alignment specs, I don't track so it's for street use only? TIA

Items changed:
1) Suspension Blocks: Alfaworks FAST ROAD ver.
2) Wheel Spacers: FRONT 12mm / REAR 25mm
3) Tires: FRONT 215/40ZR-18 / REAR 245/35ZR-19 (CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS XL)

Rectangle Schematic Font Parallel Pattern
Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Number
Rectangle Font Number Parallel Electric blue

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I had installed the Alfaworks FAST ROAD suspension blocks, wheel spacers, and new tires near end of June 2022 and had an wheel alignment done. My goal was to minimize tramlining and without much research I simply trying to mimic the "Street Spec" alignment spec by GMS. As I'm not a wheel alignment expert when I got to the alignment shop and went over the suggested specs with the technician, then I realized it's in different unit than most US alignment shop use. The suggested spec are in "degree and minute" instead of just "degree" and I had to convert the specs for the technician. The alignment shop try their best to match the suggested specs.

On the way home from the alignment shop while driving on the highway through a highway speed curve, I felt the car is not as planted as before, but I think the combination of suspension blocks, wheel spacers and new tires did reduce the tramlining. Can someone please review my alignment report and see if I need further adjustment on the alignment specs, I don't track so it's for street use only? TIA

Items changed:
1) Suspension Blocks: Alfaworks FAST ROAD ver.
2) Wheel Spacers: FRONT 12mm / REAR 25mm
3) Tires: FRONT 215/40ZR-18 / REAR 245/35ZR-19 (CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS XL)

View attachment 132379 View attachment 132380 View attachment 132381
View attachment 132385
Thats RCT, you must live very close to me

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Just something to note, some tires need to get a heat cycle or two in them before they inspire confidence. I would do some drives over the next week as you have time, and see if your feeling changes.

Reactions: 997-2

·
Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
12,599 Posts
@997-2 , What you’ve done at the rear is have standard rubber bushes with toe-in set as for the stainless steel uniballs, which are set at half the recommended manufacturer specs. She’s bound to be more nervous at the rear. Rudi’s settings are for the fitment of rear uniballs. I’d revert the rear toe-in to standard specs or fit uniballs….(I took the latter option and been very happy about it.) As @Mahjik also said, new tyres will take a little time to shed their release compound so will seem a little edgy for a while. I think you’ve a combination of the two effects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts