Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts
Isn't this like putting a "Turbo" badge on a standard 911? Or an M badge on a normal 3-series? Seems odd to me, the standard 4C doesn't need to pretend to be anything it isn't.
This is an interesting question, which I've pondered as I've considered adding a quadrifoglio verde badge in some form. Is Quadrifoglio Verde a production car trim level -- in which case I agree that adding a badge is a bit of a poseur move. Or is it a nod to Alfa's racing history, where it has been a permanent fixture on the race cars since the death of Ugo Sivocci in 1923 -- whose fatal practice crash was in a car that did not bear the now famous good luck charm.

I put a quadrifolio sticker on my 4C LE coupe but I was not ready to put it on the actual body work knowing the short lives stickers tend to have due to sun, weathering, etc. Instead I put a single sticker on the lowest part of the fast back window over the darkened area and centered it. Nice homage to ALFA race tradition. The story behind the emblem is that it was placed for good luck and the car won as did a string of race cars. Later a driver died in a race and he didn't have the sticker on his car so tradition was set to protect future drivers.
Figure it is a LOT easier to remove a sticker from glass than the body...or in my case the clear vinyl wrap. It looks pretty good there. It also draws attention to my carbon fiber engine cover so a double nice "bling" accessory. Don't know if it will save my life but every bit helps ;-)

I put a quadrifolio sticker on my 4C LE coupe but I was not ready to put it on the actual body work knowing the short lives stickers tend to have due to sun, weathering, etc. Instead I put a single sticker on the lowest part of the fast back window over the darkened area and centered it. Nice homage to ALFA race tradition. The story behind the emblem is that it was placed for good luck and the car won as did a string of race cars. Later a driver died in a race and he didn't have the sticker on his car so tradition was set to protect future drivers.
Figure it is a LOT easier to remove a sticker from glass than the body...or in my case the clear vinyl wrap. It looks pretty good there. It also draws attention to my carbon fiber engine cover so a double nice "bling" accessory. Don't know if it will save my life but every bit helps ;-)
I did the same. I posted a couple of photo's it the rear of my coupe a few days ago in the 4C pics thread. You can see the cloverleaf on the rear window. All my Alfas have this, if nothing else but for good luck. It seems to be working so far.

Carbon Quadrifoglio...a nod to the legend...not pretending to be something it isnt. Only in fairly recent times has quadrifoglio become a "trim level".

If I could have these custom made though, I'd have omitted the clover leaf and replaced it with the "4C" logo in red instead, which would stop strangers asking me what model is it.

Attachments

I have been thinking about adding a triangle on it for some time - so now it is going on, I was wondering where.

Definitely not below the A-pillar, much too Ferrari-wannabe although it would be historically correct.
Well, since Alfa was using that symbol in that location at least 20 years before Ferrari ever built a car, I think it's more a case of Ferrari being an Alfa-wannabe.

Greg

View attachment 120331
Ah. After all these years... it turns out I missed one of the first response posts to this thread.
Well, at least now I know where the triangle is supposed to go.
It shows that even the best can make a mistake. I think putting the quadrifoglio there spoils the beautiful clean curves in that area. Kinda why no one has bothered to put it there, I think.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.