Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we any closer to a US dealer that has rock solid information yet on delivery time? I just spoke to my dealer in Minneapolis and it was a joke. I have my name on a list at a Northern CA dealer and have now been contacted by Alfa to direct me to my closest dealer (which is clueless) :-/

·
Registered
55 Posts
I sent in a request to get on the preorder list via the alfa 4C web site and have not even heard back from them. Is that how you started your request? Dealers around here ( Connnecticut) do not seem to know anything.
I am definitely a new owner if can ever figure out how to get ther.
Dino

·
Registered
407 Posts
Dino said:
I sent in a request to get on the preorder list via the alfa 4C web site and have not even heard back from them. Is that how you started your request? Dealers around here ( Connnecticut) do not seem to know anything.
Dino
I went to a few Fiat Dealerships in Ohio and even one in Maryland, no one has official information on Alfa 4c.
They should have summit at end of April in Detroit, and get information about future of Alfa Romeo and Fiat in USA, but a summit was postponed till May now. Most Fiat Dealerships can share with you information that we can find online, but no more, or there is no official information yet. Company keep in secret all information regrading Alfa Romeo and his future in USA, and I hope that they will share something at May. Any case I pre booked on 4c.alfaromeo.com site at first day of Geneva Auto show and couple weeks ago got email from this site just asking me to add more information on my registration, and no one connect me, except this email, since March 25 2013.
By the way some Fiat Dealership advertise that you can pre order Alfa 4c and put 1000$ deposit, I did communicate with seller there and he cannot provide to me any information I knew before, even price does not set yet, so why to put deposit for dealership that you not sure what is final price and if this specific Fiat dealership will be chosen as Alfa Romeo dealership. Based on information not all Fiat dealership will sell Alfa Romeo, just high rated. Therefore I think we need follow up of all news we can find online and visit more than one Fiat dealership in purpose to put hands on 1st Alfas will come at end of November 2013 to LA Auto show. In LA they plan 1st time to announce price and configuration of Alfa 4c in USA. I will go there. Some sellers told me that probably 3-4 weeks in advance they will know all these details,so if you will often visit them and you will be 1st in the line, probably you can get such information and order at November 2013.
Good luck to all of us.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alfa156s said:
Dino said:
Dino
I went to a few Fiat Dealerships in Ohio and even one in Maryland, no one has official information on Alfa 4c.
They should have summit at end of April in Detroit, and get information about future of Alfa Romeo and Fiat in USA, but a summit was postponed till May now. Most Fiat Dealerships can share with you information that we can find online, but no more, or there is no official information yet. Company keep in secret all information regrading Alfa Romeo and his future in USA, and I hope that they will share something at May. Any case I pre booked on 4c.alfaromeo.com site at first day of Geneva Auto show and couple weeks ago got email from this site just asking me to add more information on my registration, and no one connect me, except this email, since March 25 2013.
By the way some Fiat Dealership advertise that you can pre order Alfa 4c and put 1000$ deposit, I did communicate with seller there and he cannot provide to me any information I knew before, even price does not set yet, so why to put deposit for dealership that you not sure what is final price and if this specific Fiat dealership will be chosen as Alfa Romeo dealership. Based on information not all Fiat dealership will sell Alfa Romeo, just high rated. Therefore I think we need follow up of all news we can find online and visit more than one Fiat dealership in purpose to put hands on 1st Alfas will come at end of November 2013 to LA Auto show. In LA they plan 1st time to announce price and configuration of Alfa 4c in USA. I will go there. Some sellers told me that probably 3-4 weeks in advance they will know all these details,so if you will often visit them and you will be 1st in the line, probably you can get such information and order at November 2013.
Good luck to all of us.
1. I registered on the website first

2. I then called Alfa USA and spoke to someone who said he would forward my info to the proper person

3. Then I called a large FIAT dealer in NorCal and put my name on a list

4. He responded and said he would saty in touch as time went on. I have called him twice and there is no additional info yet.

5. I was then contacted by email by Alfa USA again and fill out some more general information that said we will forward this to your local dealer.

6. I called my local dealer and he was clueless and didn't want anything to do with talking to me about the car

I have been pretty negative about this experience so far. I guess I should have more patience but Alfa doesn't have very much leeway in terms of getting it right in the USA. I just couldn't see this type of service from BMW/Porsche/Lotus when launching a new car. I know it's been 20 years since they were in this country and that I should be giving them a break BUT if it were me I would be knocking it out of the ballpark with personal contact with each and every interested buyer with updates etc..it's not that difficult. There may only be a couple of hundred interested people right now?

Yes, good luck to us all...

Mj

·
Registered
80 Posts
emerckx53 said:
BUT if it were me I would be knocking it out of the ballpark with personal contact with each and every interested buyer with updates etc..it's not that difficult. There may only be a couple of hundred interested people right now?
I entirely agree. If this was my business, I would hire a dedicated representative(s) to follow up on every interested pre-order buyer with Lexus-level service. This should be easy.

·
Registered
407 Posts
emerckx53 said:
alfa156s said:
Dino said:
Dino
Good luck to all of us.

2. I then called Alfa USA and spoke to someone who said he would forward my info to the proper person

4. He responded and said he would saty in touch as time went on. I have called him twice and there is no additional info yet.

5. I was then contacted by email by Alfa USA again and fill out some more general information that said we will forward this to your local dealer.

6. I called my local dealer and he was clueless and didn't want anything to do with talking to me about the car

I have been pretty negative about this experience so far. I guess I should have more patience but Alfa doesn't have very much leeway in terms of getting it right in the USA. I just couldn't see this type of service from BMW/Porsche/Lotus when launching a new car. I know it's been 20 years since they were in this country and that I should be giving them a break BUT if it were me I would be knocking it out of the ballpark with personal contact with each and every interested buyer with updates etc..it's not that difficult. There may only be a couple of hundred interested people right now?

Mj
Could you provide Alfa USA site or phone?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a few days off at the end of next week. There are 4 Fiat dealers with in 50 miles of my town. I will contact them and will send a post with what they have to say.
Dino

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
alfa156s said:
emerckx53 said:
alfa156s said:
Dino said:
Dino
Good luck to all of us.

Mj
Could you provide Alfa USA site or phone?
I had the same experience in Las Vegas.... zero. We know more about the car than the dealers do.

What's frustrating is no one will even bother to answer you. Stupid.

I signed up for the website... not even one return email. Then, after about 2 months I get an email. I get all excited. I read it and it's telling me to... sign up for the website.

You've got real customers coming in and asking to buy the car and you can't even send them an email thanking you? Very disappointed so far.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
My advice is thus.

Find a Fiat dealer (am aware there aren't any AR dealers yet) who has not taken a deposit for the 4C or started a wait list. Persuade them to create a list and accept a deposit.

AR allocated 1 LE per dealer in the UK, regardless of their size or volume of sales. I have it on good authority that LE's will be allocated here in Australia in the same manner.

If the larger dealers have 5 people on a list and a small dealer has one (maybe you), I've been informed that odds are you will get one as will one lucky person at the large dealer.

·
Registered
407 Posts
kaliber said:
My advice is thus.

Find a Fiat dealer (am aware there aren't any AR dealers yet) who has not taken a deposit for the 4C or started a wait list. Persuade them to create a list and accept a deposit.

AR allocated 1 LE per dealer in the UK, regardless of their size or volume of sales. I have it on good authority that LE's will be allocated here in Australia in the same manner.

If the larger dealers have 5 people on a list and a small dealer has one (maybe you), I've been informed that odds are you will get one as will one lucky person at the large dealer.
I don't think that it will work in USA, because Fiat has 201 dealerships in USA, and not all of them will sell AR, let's say just 100 of dealerships will sell AR or even less, so average allocation of AR 4C will be 5 and more cars per dealership. Regarding "Persuade them to create a list and accept a deposit", they know about real fans of AR, because I visited them a few times and will continue to visit them one in month, but they cannot do anything meanwhile, because there is no official information yet in USA. As soon as they will get schedule, pricing, and all kind of information about selling AR 4C in USA from official resources, they will start to work with clients. So right now all of us in USA need to wait in patience, and don't be disappointed because sale person cannot answer our questions or cannot take order. In USA it will happen later, in fall 2013, so we can be just happy for our bothers that got order in Europe and other countries.

Will keep you update in case if I got more information in May after Detroit summit.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The only advantage we have over you is that we have AR dealers. However, like the USA, nobody has any information here but dealers have been keeping lists and taking deposits.

The only known is that there are 100 LE's for the 'rest of the world' and Australia is part of that allocation. I know some dealers have taken 1 deposit whilst others have taken up to 9. There are going to be some very sad people here when AR finally release allocation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One of the local New York City Fiat dealers said that they are taking preorder deposits. I am heading down there on Tuesday. I will post the details.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I went to Fiat of Larchmont today and left a deposit. They said I was the 5th person to do so.
Unfortunately they do not have much more info that what we already know. They do believe thatthe cars will be here by year end.
The salesman said that they are one of the oldest Fiat dealers around and that they expect to get a fair allocation of the cars. I asked if they were forwarding preorders to Alfa USA in order for them to have an idea of how much interest there is in the car. I guess Alfa is not interessted.
The nice thing is that they know what Alfa Romeos are all about. I think it will translate into a good relationship after purchase.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
In other countries it didn't matter how long dealers had been established, nor how many Alfa's they sold, allocation pretty much got distributed evenly. In the UK it was one LE per dealer. Looks like it could be the same for Australia too, and some dealers have only been selling AR for a few months!

·
Registered
502 Posts
It's been a bit different here in South Africa. One of our oldest dealers is responsible for the sale of 8 out of the 13 LE's sold here. So much for the theory of one car per dealer!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Dino said:
I went to Fiat of Larchmont today and left a deposit. They said I was the 5th person to do so.
Unfortunately they do not have much more info that what we already know. They do believe thatthe cars will be here by year end.
The salesman said that they are one of the oldest Fiat dealers around and that they expect to get a fair allocation of the cars. I asked if they were forwarding preorders to Alfa USA in order for them to have an idea of how much interest there is in the car. I guess Alfa is not interessted.
The nice thing is that they know what Alfa Romeos are all about. I think it will translate into a good relationship after purchase.
Interesting how much they asked for deposit, because in Chicago they asked 1000$. I don't see any reason to put deposit now, because they even don't know when and what they will have. Fiat suppose to have summit at May in Detroit and share information about Alfa 4C, but instead this they share information about Fiat 500L and still keep all information about 4C in secret. They just told to dealers that first priority to start sell 500L and just after June they will think about 4C. I stopped by a few dealerships in Ohio, in Chicago, IL and in Baltimore, MD, but no one can tell me more that I know from online. To take deposit now with out provide any information, sounds like fishy.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Dealers in Australia have been taking deposits from $500 - $5,000 with no guarantee. What it does get you is a place on their list if they do snare Launch Editions. The aim obviously is to be at or near the top of the list - just in case. I have deposits down at both ends of that spectrum and am happy to do so if it means I am a step closer than others.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found out today I'm #10 on the list in Austin. I was told the deposit will be $1000 but it will not be collected until they are allocated cars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts