Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Drove it yesterday. Was below 30 degrees when I left in the morning, but warmed up to almost 50 by the end of the work day. Was raining today, so I took the hound hauler.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Was out for a short run, first after the ECU update, but 2°C and no grip with the Cup2
MPS Cup 2s? I was told they were not available in 4C size so I went with Bridgestone. Maybe that’s just here in Canada. Jealous anyway.

·
Super Moderator
5,305 Posts
Yes the MPS Cup 2, I have it in the 17/18 combo 215/235 also in 245 available
Lucky you. Last time I asked they weren’t being imported here. We get a lot of Michelins made in Thailand here. Have a look, at the ‘Made in‘ stamp on your Michelin’s when you get the chance. At least that’s true of my Pilot Sport 4 tyres on my 147.

As for who’s out and running, I’d say most south of latitude 30 degrees north and below 3,000’ amsl and anywhere above latitude 60 deg south but that’s just a guess. Concerningly there might be a few down here in real trouble with the fires.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Lucky you. Last time I asked they weren’t being imported here. We get a lot of Michelins made in Thailand here. Have a look, at the ‘Made in‘ stamp on your Michelin’s when you get the chance. At least that’s true of my Pilot Sport 4 tyres on my 147.

As for who’s out and running, I’d say most south of latitude 30 degrees north and below 3,000’ amsl and anywhere above latitude 60 deg south but that’s just a guess. Concerningly there might be a few down here in real trouble with the fires.
Made in France 😉

Your question is legitimate,

Many years ago I had a Volvo V40 T4 and bought a new set of tires Dunlop sport max. six month later I was driving on the high way and had vibrations, I stopped and saw that I have a puncture.

Both rear tires were completely down.

The tire dealer sold Asian import tires which have no European permit!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Had mine out Saturday for the first time after the all the mods done. Wow. This car is fast. Almost scary on 3rd gear. Just pulls like a biatch out of hell.
Some of you locals should drive this thing and do a comparison to your own ride. I don't know if I need to go over 400 hp and torque. Might not be manageable.
Nimo, which shop works on your engine? I am researching an alternative option to dealer for timing belt and acc. belt service down the road. would be interesting to do who outside of dealers, have actual experience of working with 4c.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I use GT Customs for all fab work and looking after any mechanicals. They are Fantastic. They are working on my internal mods now. The motor and tranny are now out of the vehicle. Matt is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I use GT Customs for all fab work and looking after any mechanicals. They are Fantastic. They are working on my internal mods now. The motor and tranny are now out of the vehicle. Matt is a great guy to deal with.
Thanks. I thought gt customs is an exhaust shop innpickering no?
So i assume they are fairly knowledgeable in terms of simple maintenance work and how to treat the car like lifting/taking the panel offs etc? How are their price?

·
Registered
674 Posts
They look after my build including bolt tightening etc. They built the full custom turbo set up and Titanium exhaust and custom hi flo 400 CEL. They are working on the bottom end now as I write this. Price is Pickering price so better than GTA. Matt is a great guy to deal with but slow so you need patience. Just tell him that you met me here from the forum and he will take care of you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
They look after my build including bolt tightening etc. They built the full custom turbo set up and Titanium exhaust and custom hi flo 400 CEL. They are working on the bottom end now as I write this. Price is Pickering price so better than GTA. Matt is a great guy to deal with but slow so you need patience. Just tell him that you met me here from the forum and he will take care of you.
That's great to know. need some basic fluid change like brake fluid (not sure if hood needs to come off) and engine oil change.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts