Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I actually enjoy his videos... He often evaluates real cars and calls out stupid stuff.... Automotive companies put all of these fancy electronics in the cars and they work worth sh*t. There is NO need to have everything touch screen and BIGGER does not mean better.... I recently bought a Ram 1500 and ditched that massive screen and went with the much cheaper smaller screen. The AC is 10x easier to do with buttons.... I'm glad someone is calling the car companies out on this stuff, but I don't think it will change the trend.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Gentleman.... I think we need to accept a few things about the 4C... It is a flawed car.
That part I fundamentally disagree with. (Not so much the rest of your post - please don't see anything I write here to be against your person, not meant that way)

I bought the 4C as toy to replace my GTV6. It has met and exceeded my expectations. I have to date found zero flaws.
  • running costs are that of a fiat panda
  • same fuel economy as GTV6 but goes waaaayyy faster
  • total adrenaline pump
  • a drive is an instant holiday - I am depression-proof because of this car
  • it looks a darn sight better than any other car that was on sale for the same money. In fact as a work of art it is worth its money alone.
  • residuals (slightly irrelevant but good to know) are excellent in my market
  • sounds almost as good as a GTV6. But this side of a Lamborghini V12, nothing sounds as good as a Busso V6.
  • it is F-U-N
Not a flaw in sight. I could not wish for more or different.
OK, perhaps there should be zero-weight pizza dispenser the size of a laptop in the boot for when I can't drive it.

It is of course always possible someone does not like it. I know someone who sold his almost instantly. Fairplay.
Point is to me it is not flawed, not for what I bought it for.

Saw a tweet by one of the EVO-4C-Hate-fraternaty-journo's.
One of these guys...
He spread the wisdom that a 4C was such a flawed car.
I asked him to name one such flaw - you never know, I'm always eager to learn.
He said it should have a servo'd steering wheel. He was apparently their chassis guru. Knows everything there is to know. And his solution would be to...
wait for it...
Fix the 4C by using the steering column of a Mito.
😀😃:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:
The worst steering car in Alfa Romeo history, bar none.

Honestly watching these people is like visiting the zoo and seeing Orangutans putting a stick in their ass and then eating it.
We should care for their opinion why? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
@lurrr - No worries... I actually agree with many of your points... The 4C is nearly a "perfect" car for me and it is why I own one and plan to keep it for a very very long time. As you said, it is a drug AND gets the best gas mileage of all of my cars... lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think what we're getting to that, it's flawed to some, perfect for others.

All depends on your expectations and what you want to do with the car, and what you want it to do for you.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts