Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
I got some new in box oem flag mirrors I’m planning to put on my launch edition. Keeping an eye out for an Akra!
Let us know if the flag mirror caps fit the existing housing.
I have read on the forum that they do not fit and require a new mirror assembly (which I find hard to believe).

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Let us know if the flag mirror caps fit the existing housing.
I have read on the forum that they do not fit and require a new mirror assembly (which I find hard to believe).
I havent specifically done it but I have had enough of these cars side by side and I would be SHOCKED if they didn't snap right in like any other mirror cap.

But yes, please report back @Wrassemeister

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
19' Rosso Comp, 15' Viper, 03' S2000, 91' Beat, 18' Escalade, 18' 2500 DMax, 03' 3772 Crusiers Yacht
23 Posts
Just missing the exhaust, but I can add it for a cool 6500, lol

·
Registered
491 Posts
If the flag mirrors are so special it is surprising the sticker does not clearly show when they are on the car.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
If the flag mirrors are so special it is surprising the sticker does not clearly show when they are on the car.

Jeff
Not sure I follow. They were significant enough that on 2017-18 cars they got their own line item (versus CF mirrors that were part of track pack)

Example:

Font Material property Parallel Number Rectangle

Then, on 2019-20 they continued to be their own line item.

Example:

Font Material property Parallel Number

I don’t quite understand what you’re trying to accomplish with your post.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Your sticker might say that, but mine doesn’t. My 2017 coupe has a line item for Carbon Fiber Exterior Mirrors with no additional cost, but the car came with flag mirrors.

Jeff
Font Material property Parallel Document Rectangle

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Your sticker might say that, but mine doesn’t. My 2017 coupe has a line item for Carbon Fiber Exterior Mirrors with no additional cost, but the car came with flag mirrors.

Jeff View attachment 124324
Ahh. Makes sense now. Your sticker is wrong. You got free flag mirrors, congrats! It has happened before (not specifically with flag mirrors) - this is the fourth instance I have seen where the sticker is incorrect. I will note it in the database for your car (y)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Wasn’t the Akra exhaust announced as a forthcoming option way back in 2015, but it took typical Italian development times to finally make it to market? It may have been the Club Italia‘s where it debuted, but I don’t think that it was first commissioned for them.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
It looks like this is the first mention of it in here, from July 2014:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Agreed. I can't find where I read that but it was recently.

Italian mirror cover fell off
View attachment 124239 View attachment 124240

For Sale - 4C 2022 Carbon Fiber Cap
View attachment 124243

Interestingly - these do look different....
I mentioned it (also?) a few times as the "non-direct" plug and play was reported to me from the dealership when they retro-fitted the Italia Caps to an LE without easy success. This was an 'endeavour' apparently as well as the AKRA on the same vehicle. I am still uncertain if they only just had this issue or others as well when swapping a regular CF with the ITALIA CF caps.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Wasn’t the Akra exhaust announced as a forthcoming option way back in 2015, but it took typical Italian development times to finally make it to market? It may have been the Club Italia‘s where it debuted, but I don’t think that it was first commissioned for them.
The way I was told, it was similar to the “late availability CF spider roof” until it got a little push.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Today I was detailing my car and noticed there was an abnormal gap on my flag mirror cover to the mirror body. When I tried to correct it by pushing it on tighter the opposite seemed to happen. I dont even understand how this is possible! But after fiddling with it for about 10 minutes the mirror cap was 80% off and I decided at that point I would rather remove it and re-attach it correctly rather than have it fall off while driving.

After a bit of research I decided to re-attach it using clear silicone as I thought that would be a decent compromise to using epoxy or super glue which would damage the mirror if it needed to be accessed again. Any way I thought the little project was going well until I realized one side was not re-attaching correctly and I now realize that one of the mirror cap hooks must be defective or it was damaged at the factory during the build because the hook is curved in and impossible to line up with the correct hole in the mirror body.

Because I already had applied the silicone I went ahead and re attached it as best I could which meant that side of the mirror was quite loose. I have it drying over night with clamps to see if the silicone is strong enough to hold it in place. Otherwise if not I am not sure if this is something that Alfa would warranty replace for me. Here is a photo showing the defective curved interior attachment hook.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part

41 - 55 of 55 Posts