Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,

Swapped the ECU over for the service all good and then Noticed my Drivers side window down 20mm. I wind it up close the door NO good, the little lift to clear the rubbers doesnt work!

Called my mechanic & Procedure is to - Turn ignition on.. window all the way down and hold button down for 2- 3 seconds....then wind all the up and hold button up for 2/3 seconds. Turn off ignition get out of the car and close door...all good that little lift is reset.

cheers

·
Super Moderator
3,458 Posts
True....this is the way to recalibrate the window. However, try it without holding at each max travel point.....I never found it necessary. Just run window all the way down and back up. I am not a proponent of holding the down or up button longer than necessary to reach the stop point. Some cars (not ALFA) have problems if you do this as the motor will continue to push against the mechanism and strip gears or bend parts.

·
Super Moderator
13,533 Posts
This is a function of having disconnected the battery to properly swap ECU's. Doesn't always happen, but can. Especially if your window was down (perhaps with door open) when you reconnected the battery.

To be clear, it has ZERO to do with the ECU swap, and EVERYTHING to do with the interruption of battery voltage.

Simple fix, but a good reminder to anyone here - especially given that a few have reported dead / replaced batteries lately.

·
Super Moderator
3,458 Posts
Interesting side note on this one.....a few members, including myself, thought there was something wrong when driving a coupe and heard loud wind/road noise even though the windows were up and doors closed....turns out the issue was the window not fully raised after a battery disconnect.
I always thought the final inch up to seal the window gasket was a fun thing to point out to others...along with the turbo like sound when you open the drivers door as it primes the transmission when the car has sat for a while.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting side note on this one.....a few members, including myself, thought there was something wrong when driving a coupe and heard loud wind/road noise even though the windows were up and doors closed....turns out the issue was the window not fully raised after a battery disconnect.
I always thought the final inch up to seal the window gasket was a fun thing to point out to others...along with the turbo like sound when you open the drivers door as it primes the transmission when the car has sat for a while.
Yes I like the sound of that pump that primes the Transmission. I say to my friends that the Launch Sequence for take off. LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts