Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I had to store my car at the beginning of the month (after less than 2 months of ownership). Since I'm already bored not driving it, I'm looking for a plastic model of a 4C (the one that you glue together). That will be great to assemble during the holiday season. I looked on the internet without success, does anybody know where a can source one?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts
If you're not set on a specific scale, this 1:1 scale might be fun to work on...:sneaky:

This is so tempting, have you purchased a salvage?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Only once. Years ago I bought an Infiniti with salvage history that had been repaired. Seemed like a great deal. Until the problems started. The guy selling it was a crook and took every shortcut he could to get it driveable, barely. He literally had used JB Weld to patch the engine block and cylinder head! I'm surprised that repair lasted the 3,000 miles it did! He did reimburse me for part of that repair. I ended up driving that car for a couple of years after fixing that and a few other issues that I was able to trace back to something that guy did to make the repair just a couple bucks cheaper. I ended up selling the car to a mechanically inclined friend who knew my background with the car but it was cheap enough that he was OK with that.

Even with that experience I would still consider buying another salvage titled vehicle, and have looked often at different ones. BUT it would have to be one I could repair so I can decide the quality of work I want to do. When I'm looking at salvage cars it is usually a car I'd like to customize and keep for the long-term so most of the damaged body work would probably be replaced anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts
Only once. Years ago I bought an Infiniti with salvage history that had been repaired. Seemed like a great deal. Until the problems started. The guy selling it was a crook and took every shortcut he could to get it driveable, barely. He literally had used JB Weld to patch the engine block and cylinder head! I'm surprised that repair lasted the 3,000 miles it did! He did reimburse me for part of that repair. I ended up driving that car for a couple of years after fixing that and a few other issues that I was able to trace back to something that guy did to make the repair just a couple bucks cheaper. I ended up selling the car to a mechanically inclined friend who knew my background with the car but it was cheap enough that he was OK with that.

Even with that experience I would still consider buying another salvage titled vehicle, and have looked often at different ones. BUT it would have to be one I could repair so I can decide the quality of work I want to do. When I'm looking at salvage cars it is usually a car I'd like to customize and keep for the long-term so most of the damaged body work would probably be replaced anyway.
So did the Infiniti have a rebuilt title? Buying a salvage can be a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey! thanks for your suggestion!... Not sure I'm for a puzzle! Maybe somebody else will find a gift in there!

The Real size one is probably missing pieces, I know myself enough that I will never finish it... (Been there done that... won't happen again!... Tried to reassemble a Fiero GT 15-16 years ago... I sold the project as is... still feel sorry about that thing to these days.)

·
Registered
137 Posts
So did the Infiniti have a rebuilt title? Buying a salvage can be a pain in the butt.
Yes, it was already titled when I bought it so the transfer wasn't too bad. Getting a loan was the hard part. Also had to prove the price I paid to the DMV because it got flagged for being too far below retail (and they didn't get enough taxes). Just had to send them the auction documentation.

The Real size one is probably missing pieces, I know myself enough that I will never finish it... (Been there done that... won't happen again!... Tried to reassemble a Fiero GT 15-16 years ago... I sold the project as is... still feel sorry about that thing to these days.)
I know the feeling. I haven't bought one myself because I have some unfinished projects I need to get done before I start another.

·
Registered
262 Posts
First introduced in Europe in 2013, the Alfa Romeo 4C was rolled out in North America the following year — the Italian manufacturer’s first foray into the US production car market in the 21st century. As you’d expect for an Alfa, the car is a stylish beast, with smooth curves and that distinctive plunging V-bonnet which always make me think of an eagle’s beak. And as you’d expect from a LEGO car from Noah L, his brick-built version is a smart recreation of the original’s lines, put together in a remarkably tight 15-stud wide footprint.

Alfa Romeo 4C (1)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts