Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

Wrapping my 4C

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Romeo 4C 
#1 ·
I will be getting my 4C wrapped in the next few weeks. Rather than going for a full respray I've decided to wrap my 4C in a satin red (Avery Satin Carmine Red).

I will also be replacing my stock 17/18 diamond edge wheels with the Evo Corse wheels. Anyways, post pictures of your wrapped 4Cs if you have them.

#22 ·
Nice job, not many dare satin or mat. I had mine done from day one, from the dealer directly to the cosmetic surgeon. Had it wrapped in dragon fire red. Also had two coats of nano-ceramics added to help with cleaning and scratch resistance. And if one day I sell it, the paint will be immaculate under. I also paid 2500 $ for the job, worth every penny.

Attachments

#23 ·
What is the life span of your wrap? I know what a regular PPF clear is....but I hear that color wraps have shorter life span and also aren't self healing or as tough as PPF like Xpel or SunTek.....but this is second hand info so not sure how accurate it is.

#25 ·
The wrap is 3M, I was told that in regular use, winter and summer use in southern Canada it should last easily 5 years, but since I do not put the thru car wash machines and it will never see a winter I should be good for 7-8 years, not counting the additional protection that nano ceramic should add. As for the self healing, possibly in southern USA, not in Canada. I've seen them put the blow torch to it to remove small inperfections as a last step, scary process. Lifespan also greatly depends on the applicator's talent and care, the preparation of the car is key. Look for a certified reseller and installer.

A for the side scoop, I personnally find that this after thought oversize scoop is too much carbon fiber for this small car, a matter of personal taste, I had the exterior covered. The beauty of wrap is that I can uncover the scoop in 5 minutes if ever I feel like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.