Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm in the market for a 4C. I'd like to stay at or below $40k. Not too picky about the color but carbon fiber roof, sport exhaust, and coupe track package would be ideal. For the right car, I would be willing to do some travel as I'm currently in Tampa, Florida. Thanks in advance!

Ron

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cars.com has a few near your range
Yeah, i've seen a couple on there but posted in here since I'd rather purchase from someone on here than having to fly out to somewhere with the possibility of there being something wrong with the car. I was actually in talks to buy the white 2017 4C in Pensacola on cars.com but they sold it from under me while I was waiting for them to finish repairs before I drove up to test drive/purchase the car

·
Super Moderator
14,887 Posts
Yeah, i've seen a couple on there but posted in here since I'd rather purchase from someone on here than having to fly out to somewhere with the possibility of there being something wrong with the car. I was actually in talks to buy the white 2017 4C in Pensacola on cars.com but they sold it from under me while I was waiting for them to finish repairs before I drove up to test drive/purchase the car
That's not an uncommon story. Lots of people have had cars sold out from under them.

I get why you wanted to wait - it makes perfect sense - but it is starting to get to the point where demand is rising as supply wanes.

If there's a car out there with an ideal (to you) spec and price, then you might need to arrange a deposit to hold it for you, or expect someone else will.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think one of the best deals out there right now (actually nothing I see available even comes close to this deal considering year and miles!)

There was a 2016 Rosso comp spider for sale here about 8 months ago that eventually ended up being traded in at Chapman Ford (in Scottsdale, AZ). I had some text exchanges with Chapman Weddle about buying it, but in the end ended up buying elsewhere. He was a very open / approachable type of person. I would give him a call. They were pretty good about any defects and what they would do to remedy them.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Not much at that price point.
I totally agree. The prices have creeped up a little since they stopped making them. Also, carbon roof became an option in 2017 and 2018 which will limit your search to those two years. I agree with the above post, the black one for sale is a tremendous deal unless it was a low option car or has other issues. I don’t like black cars but maybe you do. I could sell you mine. I’m a drive away from you. 🤪JK

·
Registered
428 Posts
There is also a nice red coupe for sale on Bringatrailer.com, but I suspect it will end up around $50k or higher.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Here is your car!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am hot for a Rosso Comp spyder, but could possibly convinced into a coupe. Really haven't seen any for sale. The silver is hot, but a little too new and more than I want to spend.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am hot for a Rosso Comp spyder, but could possibly convinced into a coupe. Really haven't seen any for sale. The silver is hot, but a little too new and more than I want to spend.
Not sure why, but I also was really set on the Rosso Comp spider. I got mine in January (there were maybe 3-4 available at the time). Seems like they are all but gone from the market now.

·
Super Moderator
14,887 Posts
@IncanMagic , you've seen this thread?

Might be the rarest 4C in the USA! And a 2017 with nearly zero miles - some work perhaps due to sun damage, but it is at an Alfa dealership who has a pretty good reputation on this board.
This could be one where you can get a good car for a good value (will not be the cheapest 4C ever sold, but good value)

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
@IncanMagic , you've seen this thread?

Might be the rarest 4C in the USA! And a 2017 with nearly zero miles - some work perhaps due to sun damage, but it is at an Alfa dealership who has a pretty good reputation on this board.
This could be one where you can get a good car for a good value (will not be the cheapest 4C ever sold, but good value)
Too late.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not sure why, but I also was really set on the Rosso Comp spider. I got mine in January (there were maybe 3-4 available at the time). Seems like they are all but gone from the market now.
Forget just Rosso Comp, Spiders in general....there are next to none left for sale!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts