Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am currently looking at a MY2015 4C. It has extensive carbon fibre trims and inserts including an engine cover (omg that's absolutely a beauty presented in the photos), which looks stunning. The current owner also has titan-7 wheels and changed both seats. The rear diffuser seems different as also the exhaust, as well. The odometer reads 32000kms now. History is clean and free from loans. One of my friends who owns a 4C told me that this one basically has all the carbon fibre mods it can be put on except dyno tuning, which I think it's still stock power. It is not a launch edition. The asking price is about 100 grand AUD which is approx. 70k USD, before tax. A timing belt service has been done recently. The owner also told me that he DIDN'T keep the factory wheels or seats. I haven't taken a look at the car in person yet as I don't know if I can still hold my wallet up when I see it with my eyes :).

I know that the covid has dramatically raised all used cars' prices throughout these years but what I am trying to justify myself is the price itself, and also the mods. I had one Abarth 124 spider before and I truly loved it until I stupidly crashed it. I am a fanatic of Italiana Speedsters for years so I know why I love them. The thing is, I am not sure whether this price is really representing the true value of this 4C and I don't want to be rude (like low-balling the price) to the seller as he is a local motorsport legend.

So, what I am asking is, could you please tell me whether this 4C is worth it or if I should wait further or look at other listings? This seems to be a stupid question here but what I want to express is that I am so so so hesitating now and I need some advice, no matter if it's "cool-down bro" or "go get it".

Many thanks in advance,

Enzo

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
Welcome!

You’re expecting a gang of enablers to talk you off the ledge? :p

HeavyFoot is right - that’s the thread to read. Although we have some active Aussie members, your pricing has always been much higher than ours.

Car sounds really nice.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
The Maxton stuff on it I would think are faux carbon ie plastic. Are the headlight surrounds carbon? They look like the plastic ones that mine has. The carbon surrounds became standard issue from MY18 ie August/Sep 2017. It’s done a healthy number of km, hopefully most on the open road, not stuck in peak hour traffic. It’s the purchaser who will appreciate the value in what he/she buys. Here’s a hint, it mightn’t be the ‘best value’ ie cheapest 4C on the market but it’s stonkingly good value compared to anything else on the market. The 4C is really special. Not too many have realised so it’s still relatively great value as a sports car. A personal, unbiased opinion of course.😁

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Maxton stuff on it I would think are faux carbon ie plastic. Are the headlight surrounds carbon? Lock like the plastic ones that mine have. The carbon surrounds became standard issue from MY18 ie August/Sep 2017. It’s done a healthy number of km, hopefully most on the open road, not stuck in peak hour traffic. It’s the purchaser who will appreciate the value in what he/she buys. Here’s a hint, it might’n be the ‘best value’ ie cheapest 4C on the market but it’s stonkingly good value compared to anything else on the market. The 4C is really special.
Yes I have known that the headlight cover, as well as the Maxton side skirts, are not in carbon fibre but every mods else had shocked me totally which fits perfectly my preference. It seems to represent a great value if we compare this specific one to any others in the market now but the only problem that holds me back is the price. I might take a look at it at least to appreciate what the current owner has done to this 4C and I will tmb to reach a decent deal for both sides.

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
Yes I have known that the headlight cover, as well as the Maxton side skirts, are not in carbon fibre but every mods else had shocked me totally which fits perfectly my preference. It seems to represent a great value if we compare this specific one to any others in the market now but the only problem that holds me back is the price. I might take a look at it at least to appreciate what the current owner has done to this 4C and I will tmb to reach a decent deal for both sides.
Check that all services have been done too. If you can sight the receipts you’ll have a good idea of what you’ll be up for annually.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hi all,

... The thing is, I am not sure whether this price is really representing the true value of this 4C and I don't want to be rude (like low-balling the price) to the seller as he is a local motorsport legend....

Enzo
Hi Enzo,
He's also a member of this forum.
Refer to the other thread and open up a direct (private) conversation with him.
There is more to the value of the car than year of manufacture and KM's travelled.
Talk to the owner and then make an informed decision on what you are prepared to pay for such a machine. If your offer is fair, then I'm sure it will be given serious consideration.
Have you driven one yet? They are not like anything else out there and are no longer in production, which is great for those that already own one (or more) of them and bad for those that want one badly and can't find any in their price range.
If you don't like the price, then move along to the next one. Just be prepared to act fairly swiftly if the price is right as good ones don't stay on the market for long.
Cheers,
Alf.

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
Hello guys, just an update, we had a deal!!!

Please be gentle to me as I am a white paper to be an Alfista.

Thank you everyone for your support and your comments which were extremely helpful.
Congratulations. I’m certain you’ll have a ball. Welcome to the Forum as an owner but sorry to see @Rbware leave us. Glad you guys came to a mutually agreeable resolution.

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
When it comes to previous owners, I prefer “One careful lady” to “local motorsport legend”.
Obviously, I don’t know the story and detail but it would have to be reassuring.
It is an excellent car with a fair amount of carbon bling in the cabin. No boy racer, Motorsport legend. He’s actually around my vintage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts