1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
looking to buy an Alfa 4C coupe.
Open to all colors (besides yellow).

I don't really need any of the extra options (the akrapovic would be nice though) but trying to stay below 20000miles, well maintained, and below $45000.

I'm located in the greater Los Angeles area but willing to travel for the right car. Please let me know if anyone sees something or wants to sell his :)

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
32 Posts
There hasn’t been a 4c that has sold in the last 3 months for less than 50k just a heads up. Pretty much any dealership that is asking close to market value are selling their cars within the week, and that’s still mid 50s. But best of luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up, based my price on BaT. The cheaper ones recently were bid to around 45K. Also 2 were just sold at Tred for around 45k.
Well, hope I get lucky :)

thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
2015 4C Coupe
80 Posts
As long as you are willing to wait a bit, and will be ready to jump the moment the right car shows up then you will be fine. But you have to be Chris Kyle out here ready to pull the trigger at a moment's notice! When a good deal pops up it does not last long. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Coming into spring, the bounce is going up rapidly. 4C's in slower colder markets that were 45k in Feb-March are 50k plus easily in April-May.

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition #444
73 Posts
For reference ... my 2015 4C Launch #444 was asking $52k with 19k miles (I have ~20,500 as I’ve put over 1k in the past month driving the piss out of it). I paid $48,550 for the car ... and that was the only 4C (used) within ~300 miles of my zip code (Cleveland, Ohio). Actually maybe within 500 miles? So as the 5th owner of a car that is far from perfect I still paid over your $45k desired price. You -may- find what you want out there, but as others have noted above... they will be rare, and they wont last long!

EDIT: Just to note— I bought the car 4 weeks ago. So that price is very much ”today pricing” ... and as it warms up, obviously it’ll go up in spring as these kinds of cars often do!

·
Registered
2015 4C Coupe
80 Posts
Inventory levels have just been so low Q1. 10 or less used 4Cs at a time has been pushing the price up. In the back half of last year there were 20-30 at any given time. I guess most of the people that put theirs away for winter storage didn't do so to sell it in the spring. I would periodically check Facebook marketplace too. Set the radius to 500 miles and work your way around the country. autotempest.com helps with filtering too they have an external marketplace link there

·
Registered
2015 4C Coupe
80 Posts
And now this is when you go back to your budget, find a way to stretch it a bit, and pull the quick trigger on this very quickly:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts