Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

WTB: High Spec 4C Coupe or Possibly Spider

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  closingtime 
#1 ·
I just signed up for the 4C Forums, as I am looking for a higher spec 2017-18 4C Coupe with a carbon roof (non-negotiable) or possibly a 2018-20 Spider with the CF halo. I've been following the market for years and recently test drove a Spider, which I loved, but already have another convertible.

• Color isn't a deal breaker, but I don't want yellow
  • Options I like: Bumper vents, CF interior/mirrors, Track Pack, Bi-Xenon's, PPF (factory or aftermarket), and Subwoofer
  • Wheels aren't important
  • The lower the mileage, the better: 10-15k MAX (Bolt tightening done if above 10k miles)
  • Remaining factory warranty (many were unsold on lots)
  • Mods are fine, but it must be CA SMOG legal. I'd prefer a car that has been garaged/babied and not tracked.

I live in Orange County, CA and will ship the right car for the right price. I'm not in a hurry, but would like to put this out there in case you were thinking about selling now that fall is here or garaging your 4C for the winter.

Thanks for looking and any tips for Off-Market cars are greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
I just signed up for the 4C Forums, as I am looking for a higher spec 2017-18 4C Coupe with a carbon roof (non-negotiable) or possibly a 2018-20 Spider with the CF halo. I've been following the market for years and recently test drove a Spider, which I loved, but already have another convertible.

• Color isn't a deal breaker, but I don't want yellow
  • Options I like: Bumper vents, CF interior/mirrors, Track Pack, Bi-Xenon's, PPF (factory or aftermarket), and Subwoofer
  • Wheels aren't important
  • The lower the mileage, the better: 10-15k MAX (Bolt tightening done if above 10k miles)
  • Remaining factory warranty (many were unsold on lots)
  • Mods are fine, but it must be CA SMOG legal. I'd prefer a car that has been garaged/babied and not tracked.
I live in Orange County, CA and will ship the right car for the right price. I'm not in a hurry, but would like to put this out there in case you were thinking about selling now that fall is here or garaging your 4C for the winter.

Thanks for looking and any tips for Off-Market cars are greatly appreciated!
What are you looking to spend?

#3 ·
More if it's a 2020 Misano Blue Italia Spider or 2018 pearl white coupe with CF roof that wasn't registered until 2019 or 2020. It will depend on the vehicle's options, in service date, location, and mods/color.

I probably should have specified that I have 2 red cars now and would prefer blue, pearl white/white, gray, or black. Alfa should have offered this car in blue from the start and I will be wrapping mine blue if necessary.

Regarding pricing, I have been tracking the market and every year, sports cars/convertibles are subject to seasonal appreciation and depreciation. With everyone bored, working from home, and stimulus checks readily available, it boosted the market during the spring and summer for those that wanted and could afford them.

The prime driving season is almost over for half of the country (I used to live in NY), so I anticipate that prices will fall back. Yes, they're not in production anymore and FCA only imported approximately 2,100, but they are toys that are difficult to justify. I'm in sales and respect everyone's opinion, but I will not overpay.

#7 ·
Haha thanks man! Yes, pearl white with red leather seats is a classy spec. Or if I can't find one in that spec, I would wrap the car Misano Blue (or Blu Nethuns/Monterey Blue), which would look good with tobacco, red, or black interior. Let me know if you hear of anything that's not posted online!

#10 ·
Now that toy season is almost over and winter will be here shortly, I'm bumping this WTB back to the top.

I'm still in the market for a higher spec 2017-18 Coupe WITH a carbon fiber roof. I expect inventory levels to rise and demand to drop off, which will be reflected in lower pricing during the winter.

Please reach out to me if you are thinking about selling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.