Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a used hood. Dealer says none in the country and no ETA :( because Alfa... I'll be making a mold of it to repair the damaged hood I have so even if I can borrow one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
None in the country? Not a good sign...hope nobody damages their car if there are no parts available. Could have an adverse effect on values.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I find it hard to believe that you can't find a hood. There's several parted out cars on here then I'm sure you could buy a hood from plus there's plenty of totaled out 4C sitting in yards being parted just got to find them

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I might have found one from another member here so we might be good. I have a connection with access to a national used parts network and there are none listed!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I find it hard to believe that you can't find a hood. There's several parted out cars on here then I'm sure you could buy a hood from plus there's plenty of totaled out 4C sitting in yards being parted just got to find them
Finding a used one in a parted out car is one thing but not able to source a new one is inexcusable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer told me that they could order it and they would maybe know in a week or two when or if it would ever get there... because Alfa! I can't believe we still love these cars! This will be the 12th or 13th in my family!

·
Registered
74 Posts
None in the country? Not a good sign...hope nobody damages their car if there are no parts available. Could have an adverse effect on values.
It never has had an adverse effect on values for a car like this. It's actually typical for an exotic handbuilt car. Eventually, we will reach a point where fewer people actually drive their 4Cs, because they'll become too valuable and if anything were to happen to the car, it would be prohibitively difficult to repair.

Yes, there are some 4C daily drivers out there right now. That's a good thing, because they're our future parts cars! -- I am only half joking on that assessment, because these cars are more likely to get into an accident and/or totaled by the insurance company. Within a few years, I predict that there will be almost no daily driven 4Cs, with most of the cars tucked safely away in garages, driven only on lovely weather days as an experience/event.

Buy one now and you won't lose any money on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts