Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a drive this weekend, tried a new road that appeared quite "FUN". It was a bad idea... pavement was the worst... and busted a front shock.

So if anyone upgraded theirs and does not know what to do with the old ones... I will be interested to buy them (I surely pay for the shipping)! I'm in east Canada, US will be welcome too!

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I went for a drive this weekend, tried a new road that appeared quite "FUN". It was a bad idea... pavement was the worst... and busted a front shock.

So if anyone upgraded theirs and does not know what to do with the old ones... I will be interested to buy them (I surely pay for the shipping)! I'm in east Canada, US will be welcome too!

Thanks for your help!
I have the stock sport shocks off my 4c if that is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly what I need!:)

Sent you a PM... want to know how much $ and how many KM you put on them (Not that I expect a lot...)

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Touch or click on your avatar on the top tight-hand corner of your screen. Private messages can be made by then tapping on the word ‘Converations’ then tap on the ‘Start Conversation’ box.

·
Registered
2020 4C Spider on the way...
57 Posts
I've dented wheels before and rough roads but never heard of blowing out a shock! Note to self to be careful...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've dented wheels before and rough roads but never heard of blowing out a shock! Note to self to be careful...
From my own experience, it did not happen from one big hit... but it happen with a long rough ride, so maybe fatigue/heat? It started with a loud "iisss" over a few bumbs and the front suspension knocking. The sound did disappeared but not the movement. Back home I took the wheel off and all the bushing are perfectly fine... My wheel too!

I found many other thread with similar problem and "Shock replaced under warranty".

Even, from the pair that I'm buying right now (M. Brian here) one has been replaced by Alfa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts