Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
On a sad note, it looks like @Mateus has his car up for sale in Newcastle (NSW).
Yes Jim, my 4C is for sale. I'm not fussed if it doesn't sell though - I am very happy to keep it if I don't get any decent offers. I'm only putting it up for sale as I started a new business last year and have been so busy, even on weekends, that I'm not getting to drive it much any more. Also, the Hunter Valley roads seem to have deteriorated with all the rain we've had over the last 6 months or so, so there are fewer good roads to enjoy my 4C on. It just seems a waste to have it sitting in my garage, although I must admit that every time I see it there I find it hard to imagine it not being in my garage. Oh well, you never know, my work might settle down, and they might fix the roads around here in the coming months before I sell it, and I'll be back enjoying her again! In the meantime, I'll see what happens on Carsales...

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
Yes Jim, my 4C is for sale. I'm not fussed if it doesn't sell though - I am very happy to keep it if I don't get any decent offers. I'm only putting it up for sale as I started a new business last year and have been so busy, even on weekends, that I'm not getting to drive it much any more. Also, the Hunter Valley roads seem to have deteriorated with all the rain we've had over the last 6 months or so, so there are fewer good roads to enjoy my 4C on. It just seems a waste to have it sitting in my garage, although I must admit that every time I see it there I find it hard to imagine it not being in my garage. Oh well, you never know, my work might settle down, and they might fix the roads around here in the coming months before I sell it, and I'll be back enjoying her again! In the meantime, I'll see what happens on Carsales...
Nice to hear from you, Matt. Martin and I were up around Dungog several weeks ago and we know precisely what you mean about the state of the road surface of some of the roads up that way. The general trend isn’t isolated to Newcastle. Coming back from Robertson on Sunday I took a back way behind Bowral and Mittagong along a little track called Tourist Road. Tourist Trap more like. The pot-holes were huge along the first few km of it. Missed ‘em all. How the local Council is allowed to let a road deteriorate like that without being subject to legal action I don’t know.

Hope the business goes well but also hope your 4C stays put. Keep well.

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
I‘ve just been down to the car yard. The Spider is at Alto Blacktown hiding at the back of the prestige car showroom. I thought I recognised the background. It’s a beautiful example. An ex-Victorian car. Only 14,000km, build date in May 2018, services recorded in 2020 and 2021, very good paint and has the carbon interior pack with the leather dash. No aftermarket ppf. The funnel kit is in the boot along with an oem car cover in its original bag. Whoever ordered a Spider in Basalt grey with red leather showed excellent taste. She looks like she has been pampered but I get the feeling she missed a service in 2019...maybe due to a lack of use? She deserves a good home. She looks gorgeous. I’d love her to be mine but….It would have been a steal at $90,000 odd. I kinda know why they‘ve set the price at $130,000….😍 if you have a rescue dog mindset this could be the one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I wonder if they would mind if I put it up on the hoist and got under the back with my spanners and borrowed a few parts?
By the way, that would have been the price of the car brand new landed in Oz, so the Sales Manager needs to get his hand off it

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
I wonder if they would mind if I put it up on the hoist and got under the back with my spanners and borrowed a few parts?
By the way, that would have been the price of the car brand new landed in Oz, so the Sales Manager needs to get his hand off it
It was on sale in Victoria for an asking price of $99,000 a couple of weeks ago. His name is Tony, Alf.:D Maybe, if I keep him busy……
She’s begging to be driven, not stored in a garage.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I‘ve just been down to the car yard. The Spider is at Alto Blacktown hiding at the back of the prestige car showroom. I thought I recognised the background. It’s a beautiful example. An ex-Victorian car. Only 14,000km, build date in May 2018, services recorded in 2020 and 2021, very good paint and has the carbon interior pack with the leather dash. No aftermarket ppf. The funnel kit is in the boot along with an oem car cover in its original bag. Whoever ordered a Spider in Basalt grey with red leather showed excellent taste. She looks like she has been pampered but I get the feeling she missed a service in 2019...maybe due to a lack of use? She deserves a good home. She looks gorgeous. I’d love her to be mine but….It would have been a steal at $90,000 odd. I kinda know why they‘ve set the price at $130,000….😍 if you have a rescue dog mindset this could be the one.
I believe its been wholesaled out, hence why its doing its rounds.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Martin,

Didn't you know that COVID TAX has hit and EVERYTHING is worth more than new...I wish I could recycle burnt fossil fuel. Or he likes his hand on it :LOL:.

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
For anyone driving past, it’s now at the front of the showroom.😁

41 - 60 of 86 Posts