Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
I took my beagle for a walk to where I last saw a Spider in captivity at a local showroom. Much to my surprise 🙄😉it was still there. God it looks nice in the basalt over red. It’s at Alto Blacktown, NSW if anyone is interested.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
362 Posts
I like that color combination, the first 4C I looked at was a 2017 basalt with red leather and an Akrapovic exhaust. I filled out the paper work and wanted them to trailer the car to my mechanic to do a ppi, they said no and I walked, I didn't have a lot of confidence in the establishment. So got a 2018 black coupe with red leather and Akrapovic for $10,000 cheaper and 500 less miles, 1500mi

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
I like that color combination, the first 4C I looked at was a 2017 basalt with red leather and an Akrapovic exhaust. I filled out the paper work and wanted them to trailer the car to my mechanic to do a ppi, they said no and I walked, I didn't have a lot of confidence in the establishment. So got a 2018 black coupe with red leather and Akrapovic for $10,000 cheaper and 500 less miles, 1500mi
It’s certainly an elegant combo to my eyes.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
They have ten grand off the price this weekend only, surprised that applies to a rare car like the 4C 🤔

View attachment 128617
Plus on-roads that’ll bump it up to around $120,000. I’d make an offer of $80,000 cash if I had a place to keep it…..Now waiting for the clever dicks to say I could keep it at their house. 😁

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well im back in the market.. Right now im willing to pay about 90k which is 10k more than i sold for 2 years ago which is fine by me. The red one on carsales looks nice but 100k is a 20% rise than 2 years ago.. inflation!

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
Well im back in the market.. Right now im willing to pay about 90k which is 10k more than i sold for 2 years ago which is fine by me. The red one on carsales looks nice but 100k is a 20% rise than 2 years ago.. inflation!
Welcome back, friend. Give the salespeople at Alto Blacktown a call. Their Spider has been sitting for 3 months without a bite. Offer ‘em cash and see what they say. Hint: Never offer what they’re asking. I’m in no way associated with them apart from the occasional Honda service for my wifes’ Civic.
Is it in addition to the GR or its replacement? I was looking forward to seeing your GR on a Putty run….looks like it’ll be a 4C instead. Not complaining.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome back, friend. Give the salespeople at Alto Blacktown a call. Their Spider has been sitting for 3 months without a bite. Offer ‘em cash and see what they say. Hint: Never offer what they’re asking. I’m in no way associated with them apart from the occasional Honda service for my wifes’ Civic.
Is it in addition to the GR or its replacement? I was looking forward to seeing your GR on a Putty run….looks like it’ll be a 4C instead. Not complaining.
The GR Yaris didnt see 1000kms with me. I did a full build and got an offer of 65k which was basically the car, the mods + 7k flip profit.. Havent had a car since except for a nice Aprilia RS660 bike i bought. I had an order in for a Nissan Z but just cancelled it. Im really not a Nissan guy

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
If you offer cash then you have less chance of any discount, they want you to sign up for finance, do that and get a discount then pay it off straightaway.

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
If you offer cash then you have less chance of any discount, they want you to sign up for finance, do that and get a discount then pay it off straightaway.
Fair enough…I’ve never bought a car with anything but cash. I believe in true ownership, not bank-owned and being permitted to drive it as long as payments are made on time. Got my Giulietta for $34,500….when they resaled here for around $50,000. I just made an offer, sounded serious, then was prepared to walk away. If they’re desperate they’ll cave. I think they need your money more than you need the car. Here the dealer has to buy the new car from the distributor if it doesn’t sell after a time (1 year) in the showroom. I bought the Giulietta just after this time. They wanted to shift it. With this 4C it’ll depend on how much they have invested in it….It has to be an amount less than $100,000.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Fair enough…I’ve never bought a car with anything but cash….Got my Giulietta for $34,500….when they resaled here for around $50,000. I just made an offer, sounded serious, then was prepared to walk away. If they’re desperate they’ll cave. I think they need your money more than you need the car. Here the dealer has to buy the new car from the distributor if it doesn’t sell after a time (1 year) in the showroom. I bought the Giulietta just after this time. They wanted to shift it.
I know what you mean, I've always paid cash until I read recently that you won't get much discount.

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Wow. Basically 100G’s for a SE.…with a set of fancy Titans...
I think if you take a closer look at the photos, you will find he has poured a lot of cash into this particular car and it is a long way from being a "Standard Edition".
Each to their own as far as styling goes, but I would say this one looks great and any advertised price is just the starting point, but I would expect that this car owes the current owner quite a tidy sum in extras, which is reflected in the asking price.
Cheers,
Alf.

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
I think if you take a closer look at the photos, you will find he has poured a lot of cash into this particular car and it is a long way from being a "Standard Edition".
Each to their own as far as styling goes, but I would say this one looks great and any advertised price is just the starting point, but I would expect that this car owes the current owner quite a tidy sum in extras, which is reflected in the asking price.
Cheers,
Alf.
I certainly makes that 2018 Spider down at Alto look a reasonable buy. It looks lovely, just surprised that a 2015 SE is hitting near the $100,000 asking price. Didn’t see any Samco boost pipes, suspension mods or any tune mentioned, so apart from the carbon, seat and wheel bling, it‘s a pretty standard car….which will obviously be an attraction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cheers,
Alf.
I actually had a look at this one the other day and was quiet impressed with the detail he has put into it and has definitely taken his time to get it to how it is. There is alot more to the car than he has advertised, so let the negotiations begin 😁

61 - 80 of 86 Posts