Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
All names and colors.

What is exact year or build date? They switched suppliers on some colors during produiction years.

Small chips on brake calipers, yes, you can hide with some touch-up paint and be 10 feet away. Pretty sure they are powder coated though. This explains the gloss and durability. A small touch up? Paint is worth a shot.

Reactions: smc4C

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure you are correct about it being powdercoat vs. paint. It's just for a small chip only I notice.

The main question is what is the yellow color. The touch up paints I'm familiar with typically refer to the body color (I have Mopar touch up for my Basalt body), and I am assuming the yellow is different between the caliper and yellow body color?

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
I'm sure you are correct about it being powdercoat vs. paint. It's just for a small chip only I notice.

The main question is what is the yellow color. The touch up paints I'm familiar with typically refer to the body color (I have Mopar touch up for my Basalt body), and I am assuming the yellow is different between the caliper and yellow body color?
I've seen enough yellow 4Cs to place my betting money on 'they use the same yellow on the calipers.'

Nothing will provide the depth, thickness of gloss -- even an exact match since the applications are different. I think the Alfa yellow touch up is the way to go, but if you could find out for sure, of course do that. But if you can't, yellow on yellow caliper cars match.

Reactions: alphaboy1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts