Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Personally I prefer a bit more "expensive" events. Not because I like to spend money, but because the more expensive the trackday, the less the participants, more driving, more skilled drivers, less limitations, better cars and less crashing. On cheap events there is too much cars on the track at once and usually crazy drivers doing all kind of wicked stuff or racing to death until crashing into the barrier or in to you. In Grobnik where I drive the most, you just don't go with car worth more than 5k€ to open events if you car about your car or yourself.
I have to disagree with you on this. In my little experience, it is the organiser who make the difference, not the price. I drive with Lotus-on-Track and they are like one big family loving trackdays and taking care of each other. All, except for the Porsche GT-f*ckers. Every time I had an unsafe situation, it’s with a GT. Monday a 997 crashed, a GT2 RS passed me on the right (which is prohibited) in a very unsafe way in a corner. And a GT4 simply took me on the right and the Lotus in front of me on the left, all while exiting a corner. They think they are the kings of the track, but are just too powerfull to drive with lightweight sportscars and too chicken to drive with the big boys. The GT2’s friend with an Audi R8 was repectfull all day, as do normal Porsches. Must be something about those GT2/3/4/RS as I had it on almost every trackday so far...

·
Registered
117 Posts
In Zandvoort last year we tried such an db killer on a 147 Cup racecar, didn‘t help much.
Friend changed exhaust exit from one to the other side oppsite to the db micro at the circuit.

At Bilster Berg, you can rent this funny add-ons from a shop located there.

It is a shame when driving on a racetrack has higher db limits than on normal roads.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
In Zandvoort last year we tried such an db killer on a 147 Cup racecar, didn‘t help much.
Friend changed exhaust exit from one to the other side oppsite to the db micro at the circuit.

At Bilster Berg, you can rent this funny add-ons from a shop located there.

It is a shame when driving on a racetrack has higher db limits than on normal roads.
So do you mean that a "turn-out" worked well while a "db-killer" didn't really work ?

·
Super Moderator
7,032 Posts
So what’s the point if you’ve spent a small fortune upgrading your 4C exhaust to get more out of your engine if you can’t actually use it at a place where you can extract that performance due to noise limits? That’s why I was wondering if using a 400cel cat would be a more sensible compromise between reducing flow restriction and increased noise to get below the dB limits at the track. When we were at Wakefield a few weeks ago you should have seen the worried looks when the track officials were seen testing the exhaust noise of the first group of cars to go on the track. Fortunately, Alex’s 4C passed and they didn’t bother with testing the rest of us. Has anyone tried a 400cel cat on their 4C? I react in horror at the look of those exhaust extensions. Does anyone else see the irony in having a work of art (the downpipe) hidden from view while having a visual abomination in full view?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Don’t know how they impact the flow, but aren’t you back at the start of the problem when you restrict the exhaust?

·
Super Moderator
14,886 Posts
Don’t know how they impact the flow, but aren’t you back at the start of the problem when you restrict the exhaust?
Stock is 800 Cel, I believe (correct me if I am wrong, but I read that somewhere recently).
So 400 isn't as good as Rudi's 200, but still considerably better than stock.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts