256 Posts
Ferrari F40.

If we can expand a bit, then my top 5:
1. Ferrari F40
2. Ferrari 288 GTO
3. Porsche 911 993 Turbo
4. AC/Shelby Cobra
5. Dodge Viper GTS

Of course I would take a Pagani Huayra or Koenigsegg Agera or (even moreso) a 250 GTO, etc over the above, but the above 5 are the ones that really impacted me.

Some cars that I used to really like but would no longer make the list: Pantera, Diablo, 512BB, Miura, 930 Turbo.

Favorite relatively recent and relatively attainable cars: 2005 Ford GT, 430 Scuderia, 997.1 or 997.2 GT3RS.

·
Registered
138 Posts
A real good friend of mine had a late '60s Ghibli and I drove it several times over hundreds of miles. It was without a doubt, the most spectacular GT I've ever played with. I driven "better", faster, quicker cars but nothing has ever combined the allure of the beauty and the performance of the Maserati.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I heard that Lotus Exige with supercharger upgrade can increase hp to over 500. That would be a beast. Too bad it's not available here in CANADA. I would get the Exige over GT3 RS. The latter is PDK only.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I heard that Lotus Exige with supercharger upgrade can increase hp to over 500. That would be a beast. Too bad it's not available here in CANADA. I would get the Exige over GT3 RS. The latter is PDK only.
Best GT3RS are the 997 variants, hands down. 6MT too...

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,771 Posts
This is an amazing car and beautiful. Work of art that will never be attainable for 99.99999% of car enthusiasts.
When I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area I used to go to many vintage car events at Laguna Seca and Sonoma Raceway. I knew a guy that had a 250 GTO Ferrari that ran them at all those events and ran the heck out of it. I often wonder if he still has the car or the nerve to take it on track now that it is a MULTI-MULTI million dollar car.
Here is some trivia....ALFA made a car called the TZ at the same time as the Ferrari was made. You could buy 3 of the Ferrari 250 GTOs new for the price of one of the ALFA TZs. A TZ is still a very valuable car today but nowhere near what the Ferrari fetches.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Nick Mason, Pink Floyd drummer, takes his out on tracks loads. There are lots of videos of him and her on track. He thought he was paying crazy money when he bought the car in 1977 for £35k. Notice his has 3 slot shaped vents in the front wing. I think each was unique in one way or another. They say the bodies all measure up different.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts