Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part Deux... we did it in the fall it time to do it again.

More details to come soon. Real meeting points, times, etc etc. but mark May 7th on your calendar. Turn out should be good based on the previous thread.

Likely will be similar to last time where we meet in the morning, drive for awhile, stop for a BYO lunch at Old Man's Cave and then drive some more.

PS : And no i didn't create the name or the logo Someone else did and goes by the alias of Vincent Van Slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Shaka and others. So still working out route details but yes starting point for most (Columbus/Cincinnati) will be a Bob Evans at (6085 Gender Rd Canal Winchester, OH 43110)
I'm further north in Columbus (Delaware, Ohio) I was thinking this might be the plan since I know a few are coming from even further north this time so basically 2 meeting points for the day.

----------------

10:30/10:45 - meet at undetermined meeting point in Sunbury, Ohio ( need to go drive around to see what makes sense over there for our small, low cars) Worst case there is a Kroger on google maps that has a gas station. Kroger 131 OH-3, Sunbury, OH 43074

But that would give you guys a little break, stretch your legs get gas, pee, donuts/coffee maybe if i can find a place.

Trip between here and Bob Evans (~45 minutes) we can at least get off the highway for a small bit and drive past Alum Creek which isn't too bad of a drive.

11:30/11:45 meet up at Bob Evans Gender road with all the others. Again gas, pee, say hey :)

Head out do another 1.5 hours of driving or so to Old Mans Cave for lunch BYO. So probably gets us to there around 1:30 or so making a later lunch.

Chill for a bit, eat, shoot the shit, maybe walk around Old Mans Cave if people want to.

Head out and drive for another hour or so which would end us up back at the same Bob Evans (won't stop but just reference for time) So realistically looking at 3:30-4 im guessing when we are back to Columbus. That leaves you other guys with a long drive back home still.

Last time 3 of us stopped off in the Polaris Parkway area for an early dinner/beers. So that could still happen as well before you head back home.

-------------

Let me know if that start time works for those coming from a ways away. We can probably bump it.

------------

For reference here are the maps from last time. Honestly drive will be close to the same with some minor revisions. I did not/will not have time to do a full overhaul different drive this go around.

Bob Evans -> Old Mans Cave

Old Mans Cave -> Bob Evans

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also those coming from the north i know there is at least one Exige planning on coming in from Cleveland. As we get closer ill try to figure out how to get all of you details so that you can caravan down together if you want to.

Same goes for if you happen to be coming from Cincinnati or Dayton. We have lotus coming from those directions as well :)

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition #444
108 Posts
Sounds like a good plan, @zender ! If you want to get a ballpark idea of where I am coming from plug in Legacy Village in Lyndhurst Ohio as I live near to there. My actual zip is 44122 so nearby. It looks like 2hr drive from my door step to the Kroger location, which works fine for me (leave house 8:30 AM for what is a long day of driving). Should there be folks in the CLE area (lotus, et al) that would want to cruise down together I’m definitely game for that!

FWIW, I’ll prob want to be home for a late dinner with the wife/kid. Though knowing it is my birthday Monday, and Mother’s Day on Sunday, I think I’ve got a “Hall pass” to be gone as long as I want. So dinner in Columbus is feasible/possible; will have to play by ear maybe. :)

PS: My new sway bars (adjustable) and QuickSilver exhaust go on next week. Just in time to be enjoyed ~10 days later on this cruise! ;)

·
Registered
592 Posts
I should be able to make this drive, sounds like fun. I'm also in Delaware zender, small world!

There is a Bob Evans right off the exit at 71 and 36/37 in Sunbury, might be a good place to meet the folks coming from the north as the Kroger is about 4 miles further east towards Sunbury . Bob Evans address: 7315 OH-37, Sunbury, OH 43074

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Getting close enough we have weather forecasts for the day of. We will see how it's looking. So far chance of rain and warm. If it turns too rainy I'll cancel and look to setup another date but so far looking ok.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also for those meeting at the "north"/1st meet up point. This will be where we will meet its right off 71. Gas stations, Starbucks, other food right there as well. And a nice big parking lot.

Farrow North Harley-Davidson

I'll post full route details later this week.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For any Cinci / NKY / Dayton guys - meet at SHELL
9791 Mason Montgomery Rd, Mason, OH 45040 at 9:45a,

and then
Starbucks 12490 OH-435 NW, Jeffersonville, OH 43128 at 10:30am before meeting rest of group at 11:30am at Bob Evans in Canal Winchester.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Week out and weather is holding steady-ish for Friday

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sooooo atm the weather is looking more and more rainy. I wanted to gauge what people wanted to do in the chance of rain. Just bail and look for a new date?? Still do it since right now it just says AM showers?? Make a call the morning of??

Here is the questionnaire to get that conversation started.

The problem is we have people coming in from Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton so if we wait till day of we need to make sure people are up to date as soon as possible. I can hand out my number if you are coming from far away and still want to make the call the day of.

Website has a link to the questionnaire

cc @Shaka @JTod

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well weather has been all over the place. As of now it looks like it's going to be fine. Just rain before 5am or so.

Fwiw we have a lotus coming down Thursday, staying the night from detroit for the drive on Friday and he's going no matter what. Thus a few of us will join him so really that means it's on rain or shine.

But hopefully it's all shine and everyone can make it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A few pictures from today. Weather held out all the way till I got back into Columbus then it rained. The weather in general scared a bunch of people off I think. No 4cs this time but figured I’d post a few of your “brothers from another mother” here. maybe next time we can get a bigger group out. Had a blast, the twisties never disappoint.

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition #444
108 Posts
:cool: Some gorgeous cars and nice looking weather :love:

Sadly my 4C is sitting for sale now at the local dealership. I’m kinda bummed I did not make it out today, but it was the right move for me. I hope to have something fun to drive at your next event. Or maybe I’ll just save your maps and drive down there some day soon myself LOL -- thx for sharing the great photos.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:cool: Some gorgeous cars and nice looking weather :love:

Sadly my 4C is sitting for sale now at the local dealership. I’m kinda bummed I did not make it out today, but it was the right move for me. I hope to have something fun to drive at your next event. Or maybe I’ll just save your maps and drive down there some day soon myself LOL -- thx for sharing the great photos.
(y) feel free maps are out there to be enjoyed. But I mean if you are going to drive right past my house you should at least holler :) maybe i could join you.

But thinking I'll keep the "Zender Bender" series going so keep an eye out. Maybe again this summer and/or in the fall we will do it again.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I was sorry to miss it, work got in the way. Next time!

Reactions: zender
1 - 17 of 17 Posts