Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there that has installed this vent? Would the carbon trim at the bottom & along the edges restrict hot air from escaping the engine compartment? Or is it too minimal to have any effect at all? What about fitment? I have not seen any photos of this installed on any 4C.
Shoe Automotive lighting Outdoor shoe Personal protective equipment Synthetic rubber

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
I really cant imagine this has any impact on cooling. The vents are still quite large.

Here are pics from a car that was at a dealer (they sent me a video and it was quite modded, but had these).

Car Vehicle registration plate Tire Wheel Vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Grille Hood

Also, member @velocevlogs has these installed. These are his pics...

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car

I asked him for the following pics (I wanted to confirm you can still see out)
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive design Vehicle door Shade Fixture

Obviously I had all this at the ready so it's pretty clear I think they look great, especially with a CF roof. I am still a little on the fence as to whether or not I will pull the trigger on these (only because I have a long list of stuff I would like to do so it's just a prioritization thing). Would love to see more people with them to get a better feel for exactly how different they look (one of my concerns, stupid as it sounds, is are they too similar to stock).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is there anyone out there that has installed this vent? Would the carbon trim at the bottom & along the edges restrict hot air from escaping the engine compartment? Or is it too minimal to have any effect at all? What about fitment? I have not seen any photos of this installed on any 4C. View attachment 124342
Like @John4C ; mentions I have the vents installed on my car, these are also all the photos I have of the vents right now. They are, more or less, the same to OEM but in carbon fiber. The openings are very similar sized.

Whilst driving I haven’t noticed any problems due to heat. Fitment is very good, although they tend to hang a bit more down than the OEMs, but it’s hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
They look really good and I would buy them but the thing which stops me is the form over function thing, ok carbon fibre means light weight and better but here the original is a better functioning part as it is lighter? So is it a case of form over function? I do notice the sagging issue-

Grille Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

·
Premium Member
15 Madreperla white/red, BMW 1M, 996 Turbo, 69 Datsun 2000, 17 STI, 04 Baja Turbo, 89 Trooper RS
151 Posts
I’d love to see SS or aluminum hexagon/honeycomb style a la Carrera GT. Anyone seen such a thing?

·
Super Moderator
10,764 Posts
I liked the look of them but i thought they were overpriced for what they were .
That pretty much describes Zender, however the products are very nice if your wallet can take the hit. I’d get their engine cover in heartbeat if it was 50% of their list price.

·
Registered
131 Posts
They look really good and I would buy them but the thing which stops me is the form over function thing, ok carbon fibre means light weight and better but here the original is a better functioning part as it is lighter? So is it a case of form over function? I do notice the sagging issue-

View attachment 124350
Yes, the top part hangs a tiny bit lower than the roof, but it’s hardly noticeable (have you ever taken a look at all the different panel gaps of the car?). The lower part actually lines up very neatly, better than OEM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts