Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
I had the Black bushing installed and just like everyone else, the screw mark was excessive (10k KM)

So my shop made me some nylon insert to fill up the gap and we will see how it holds up after next month track day.

I have only been driving the car normally for the past 2 days and honestly have not felt the difference yet

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
just have ordered the black insert.
so what the latest thinking on the necessity to have some kind of sleeve to fill the void around the bolt?
do you know dimensions of the sleeve required?

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
I had the Black bushing installed and just like everyone else, the screw mark was excessive (10k KM)

So my shop made me some nylon insert to fill up the gap and we will see how it holds up after next month track day.

I have only been driving the car normally for the past 2 days and honestly have not felt the difference yet
Hi Alipapa, did you ever check the condition of the nylon sleeve your shop had made? Was it effective? What were the dimensions? Just about to do this mod and your experience would be appreciated. Regards.

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
Thanks a bundle Alipapa. I really appreciate this. Of course the engine mount bush has yet to arrive. I think it’s coming by sailing boat. A Tri-motor would only have taken 2 weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like to order the Powerflex Engine mount asap BUT íts not clear for me wich one afther reading als this

Can you guys advice me a little......... . I am not a track driver but a fast road driver should i take the yellow or the black one ................................

Cheers
Sander

·
Registered
853 Posts
I’ve got the black and I use it primarily for spirited mountain driving. I don’t have any regrets.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hello guys,

I’ve had contact with Powerflex (James Bourn) about the extra tube, and they would be interested in making it and asked me to inform whether other users have any intrest in buying this part as an extra to the bushing.
So let me know. I’ll keep them posted.

@vendors: I’ve told him to take contact with you guys directly.

Goodnight.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Do I get likes because I looked for this, or because you would be interested in the part? ;-)

And what about material? James talked about nylon (like already described in the post) or delrin.
Both are hard materials? If the hole has a purpose (don’t know if Alfa thinks about that), shouldn’t the material be softer?
Polyurethane as well? Or a core in nylon to protect the bolt and a softer outside?
Any thoughts from the ‘Alfa Development By Driving’-team? :)))

Or are there other bushings anyone would like. Powerflex is responsive, so a good time to ask.

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
I bought the softer yellow bush and think a softer tube would be better to allow for more movement so putting less stress on the bolt. I ‘liked’ because it’s an excellent idea that I would be interested in purchasing.

·
Super Moderator
14,482 Posts
I liked your post because you took the initiative, talked them into it, shared it with us, and it is a great idea. What’s not to like about that?
:wink2:

I’d be interested, but putting this mod off to next winter as Gale’s uniballs took priority for me and my budget is limited.

Agree, softer material for the tube. Still better than a large opening, but does allow for some movement. As long as it is hard enough not to wear excessively with vibration/movement. The tube should not be considrered a consumable.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My 2 cents worth. I added Rudi's uniballs And added the Yellow Powerflex at the same time. I had my local Race Shop machine a spacer for the engine mount. They used Aluminium for the spacer. This "Race Shop" has extensive experience with Alfa's as the Owner Races one and is a Former under 2.5ltr class Trans Am champion. We and his machinist discussed the Project. We all agreed that a spacer was (is) needed. The choice of Aluminium was the machinist. Based on my experience, so far, I am Totally Pleased with the end result. Minimal engine movement under all driving conditions. Much Improved Shifting, especially when being driven aggressively and No apparent Down Side. I am Very happy with the results. One more note. If the spacer was a Bust, I would have removed it and or tried a different material for it.

Thanks to All of you on the Forum; I Learn So Much from being a part of it and have made several Big Improvements, at least for me, Based on the information provided.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hello guys,

I’ve had contact with Powerflex (James Bourn) about the extra tube, and they would be interested in making it and asked me to inform whether other users have any intrest in buying this part as an extra to the bushing.
So let me know. I’ll keep them posted.

@vendors: I’ve told him to take contact with you guys directly.

Goodnight.
i'm in.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I will speak to Lynn on the US side of power-flex, I have been including a silicone sleeve when asked to, for customers for a while now.
Hello Chris,
My apologies. I didn't know you were already into this.
Being from the right side ;-) of the Atlantic, I took direct contact with UK-based Powerflex.

As far as I can see, we now have two visions: hard material (nylon and even aluminium) versus soft (polyurethane).
I don't have the knowledge nor experience what to prefer. Hard materials seem to take away all margins, but maybe these margins are not needed either...

61 - 80 of 97 Posts